PDA

View Full Version : Do you like or hate being single?

Lucy
07-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Do you like or hate being single? I've never really had a boyfriend, and I feel like I don't really have an opinion on it. But some people will absolutely LOVE or HATE being single. Are you one of those people? And which side are you on right now?

AngelicaNicole
07-13-2013, 02:26 PM
I surmise I am on the side that hates being single. I was in a serious relationship six years ago and I have yet to commence a new relationship. Most of the men that approach me wants nothing more than a sexual relationship and that is why I am single today. I can't find a real man that wouldn't mind having a long term relationship, get married, and have children. I feel as though I hate to be single because it is very lonely. At night, I don't have anyone to lay with and cuddle and discuss how my or his day went. I can't go out on dates or have a family. There is nothing fun about single, at least in my opinion--I can't wait to be a mom and a wife.

AnnaU93
07-13-2013, 04:02 PM
I am only 20 years old and being single at this age isn't really bothering me. I feel like my time will come when it's right so for now I am just enjoying college and spending time with my friends. I feel like a person needs to be comfortable in their own skin and with themselves in order to create an atmosphere in which they are happy. I feel if that person can't be happy on their own then they will always either depend on a woman or a man to be in their loves to give them that happiness. Therefore I am content with being single because having the right person step into your life is something that takes patience.

lindbergh
07-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Though I'm already taken, I can mention a lot of things that are advantageous in being single.

First off, nobody would ever care of you fool around with other individuals. You could flirt with the person next to you without worrying about anybody else.

Second, you would be spending a lot less because you won't be going on a lot of dates. You won't be mandated to watch a movie at the theater or eat out.

Third, you won't get hurt. :)

Lucy
07-14-2013, 08:24 AM
I surmise I am on the side that hates being single. I was in a serious relationship six years ago and I have yet to commence a new relationship. Most of the men that approach me wants nothing more than a sexual relationship and that is why I am single today. I can't find a real man that wouldn't mind having a long term relationship, get married, and have children. I feel as though I hate to be single because it is very lonely. At night, I don't have anyone to lay with and cuddle and discuss how my or his day went. I can't go out on dates or have a family. There is nothing fun about single, at least in my opinion--I can't wait to be a mom and a wife.

Yeah it really does seem like most men just want sex. Most are pigs unfortunately lol. :(

Lucy
07-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Though I'm already taken, I can mention a lot of things that are advantageous in being single.

First off, nobody would ever care of you fool around with other individuals. You could flirt with the person next to you without worrying about anybody else.

Second, you would be spending a lot less because you won't be going on a lot of dates. You won't be mandated to watch a movie at the theater or eat out.

Third, you won't get hurt. :)

I like the won't get hurt part. There are enough people out there hurting us, and that would just be another one to deal with lol. :p

jesslane94
07-14-2013, 08:54 AM
I hate being single mostly because the loneliness and not having anyone to talk to. I like having a constant companion that understands me and wants to be with me. Yes, I see the benefits of being single, but in the end, I like having someone to come home to! It's extremely nice.

damaris mugo
07-16-2013, 10:02 AM
Though being single comes with its merits, like nobody telling what you ought to do, freedom of going out anytime and much more, there comes a time when you feel you to raise a family and definitely no family is complete without a husband, if you are blessed with kids at least they will have someone to call dad.
There is nothing comforting like having a loving family and knowing that you got somebody to spend your life with.
A spouse gives you what a mother, father or siblings and can't give with the comfort of knowing you belong to that particular person.

Mayvin
07-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Part of me enjoys being single with the benefits of having the freedom to do the things you want to do, when you want to do them. But we live in a "couple's" society where every major function you go like a wedding or new year's eve you're made to feel like there is something wrong with you if you don't have a date. That can be frustrating lol...

Mayvin
07-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I agree with you actually. I try to look at the positives to being single but from time to time it does get a bit lonely and trying to find the right one can be a daunting task! There are many people who will be with someone just to not be alone but I would rather be a bit lonely for a while than to be stuck with someone who's making me miserable lol.

Sandara
07-20-2013, 08:46 PM
It really depends... Some people absolutely cannot share a life with another partner, though some can. I don't dislike being single but I don't like it either. The right time will come for everything. Besides, I find it pathetic to hate being single... If you hate it so much, why don't you go find a date. Before the internet, people would go up to someone ask for a date and a place to meet! This all happens under five minutes.

Trellum
11-14-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm no longer single, but before meeting my current boyfriend I was single for nearly 7 years! So yeah, I got to experience the single scene quite well! Let me tell you that there were times I totally loved it and there were times I totally hated it.

I loved the fact I didn't have to depend on anyone to feel better... because sometimes a relationship can totally boost your mood and sometimes just ruin it! Let's face it, relationships are complicated and isn't so easy to be happy all the time; you will always have ups and downs. So when I was single I was happy because I felt less stressed. But there were times I felt so sad and lonely... as I got older I really felt like it was time to move on and work on finding someone to build a family with.

Now I'm in a relationship, and yes, I feel stressed sometimes... but knowing that there is someone out there who loves you and makes you feel so safe is just priceless. I love the feeling because I never thought I'd get to experience it ever again.

firelily99
11-16-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm okay with being single right now, my life is in a big transition stage and it would be too cumbersome to be in a relationship. I've been doing a lot of work on myself so that when I'm ready for a relationship I will be (hopefully) in an emotionally healthier place.

Limezero
11-16-2013, 06:00 PM
I have no quarrels with being on my own. The way I see it, life is pretty long to complain. I still have plenty of time to meet people and find someone special. Plus, hey, I can enjoy not being married while it lasts. :cool:

kyama3
11-17-2013, 02:15 PM
I don't enjoy being single anymore. I can't say that I'm very upset with it though, because I've really never tried dating at all in my life. Well, I did try it once when I was 19 which was a few years ago now. There would be not much point in me being down over being single if I've not tried much, however I don't wish to be single for much longer.

FatesWing
11-17-2013, 08:59 PM
While yes I have many friends who absolutely hate being single no matter what the time if day, I find that it's not as big of a deal for me. There are definitely times when I'm feeling a bit lonely and may find myself maybe "looking" for a mate more than usual. For the most part though I just take it as it comes. I find my best relationships happen when I just sit back and let it come naturally to me.

tech2d
11-20-2013, 10:18 AM
I personally am 50/50 on this question. I like having my home to myself without someone telling me what to do, etc. On the other hand, sometimes it gets lonely. I have had women live with me in the past and most times it was a disaster. And Lucy...not all men are pigs and chase just for sex. I, myself, am more concerned with companionship and love first.

mickey4533
11-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Both since sometimes it's nice having more time on your own but sometimes you feel really lonely. I feel like having a relationship eats up lots of your time but when you're single you have way too much time.

heyhowareyou
11-22-2013, 08:14 AM
I've become very content with being single. Relationships are fun and all, but I think if you only want a relationship in order to fill some kind of hole you have, then you're asking for trouble.

Also when you're single, you can do whatever you want, and honestly things like companionship and even romance are not hard to achieve, even when you're single. It's just on a more fleeting and casual basis.

I think that you must become okay with just being you and being who you are, and only then can you have a successful relationship.

sidney
11-25-2013, 07:13 PM
I've always been the independent type even when it comes to my friends, I'm not the type of person who wants to be always surrounded by people, so I really don't mind being single. I despise the "getting to know you" part of dating where you are already obligated to call someone whenever they want you to call, or being told what to do and what time to get home, and you're not even a couple yet. So for me, being single is better until I probably fall head over heels in love with someone. At least when I'm single, I have all my time and money to myself, not to mention not being obligated to report and check up on someone.

tajnz
12-28-2013, 09:25 PM
I like being single as I have plenty of time to spend with family and friends and to pursue my goals (traveling, dabbling in acting and studying for a post graduate degree at an Ivy League college. :D However, I'm sure I would still be happy if I was in a loving relationship. I'm the sort of woman who is happy regardless of my relationship status. Happiness is about spending time with people you love, being optimistic and thankful for all the good in your life.

pandandesign
01-08-2014, 03:16 PM
I used to like being single because I have freedom and I can control of my time more efficiently. I can go anywhere and do whatever I want when I was being single. Now, having someone in my life, which I think it is better because I know I don't want to be single for too long.

kellykr9
01-08-2014, 03:36 PM
I like being single. I enjoy spending times with friends and keeping to myself. Unfortunately, being single leads to a lot of negative comments about you. People constantly question "What's wrong with her?" "Why can't she find a guy?" and "Is she a lesbian?" People assume that there's something wrong with you or that you're gay. Being single is my choice and I'm fine the way I am. I'm not in a hurry but there's this stereotype and negative outlook that surrounds people who are single for a long time. It's horrible and it does bring me down sometimes.

yvette4887
02-21-2014, 11:07 PM
I do not like being single, but I do not want to just find somebody because I don't want to be single. I miss out on Valentine's Day, going out together, and companionship. I figure the right man will come without me looking for him. Plus, I have to make sure he is perfect for me, especially occupation. I mean he could be a serial killer, rapes, or even worst. So I am not rushing to be in a relationship, but it would be nice to be in one!

cookiesandcream
02-22-2014, 06:34 AM
Well there's always pros and cons for everything. I really miss that one person that I was madly in love with since high school. But right now, I'm loving the single life. You don't get into silly fights or always have to plan something. I love the freedom mainly. The fact that I can do whatever I want and there is no one else to tell me I can't do this or that.

brian101
02-27-2014, 06:21 PM
I like being single. I enjoy spending times with friends and keeping to myself. Unfortunately, being single leads to a lot of negative comments about you. People constantly question "What's wrong with her?" "Why can't she find a guy?" and "Is she a lesbian?" People assume that there's something wrong with you or that you're gay. Being single is my choice and I'm fine the way I am. I'm not in a hurry but there's this stereotype and negative outlook that surrounds people who are single for a long time. It's horrible and it does bring me down sometimes.

Your right people do make comments about others if their single for a while but people make comments regardless if your single or not its just the way people are, the difference is is how you handle it really. I prefer the single life and am well aware that people are going to have an opinion about why I'm single but I've seen too many people get into relationships with people who are either trouble or just not compatible with them so the relationship becomes trouble anyway. I'd rather take my time and pick the right person for me rather than rush into a relationship I don't really want because of peer pressure.

Peninha
03-03-2014, 09:17 AM
I think that it's better being single and happy than being in a relationship and miserable. Having this said, I think people are not meant to be alone, but they are not meant to be unhappy either.

Denis Hard
03-04-2014, 05:52 AM
Yeah it really does seem like most men just want sex. Most are pigs unfortunately . . .
Most men are not just after sex. Those who do simply do so because they're pressured by friends/prevailing culture, etc to sleep around with women to prove they're manly but mostly prove themselves to be idiots.

I've been in love once but I had so many bad experiences growing up that I chose not to have a family. Because I had no intention of marrying the girl I loved, I never slept with her. But getting back to the discussion . . .

I love being single because I can travel wherever I please and hey, I feel stronger. The fact that I don't have to pine away for someone can be more satisfactory than being in love.