PDA

View Full Version : Let's Kick Off This Section!

jesslane94
07-13-2013, 12:45 PM
For all the ladies of People of Color United, what makes you receptive to a man's approach? Or what do you love in the opposite sex? I'd love to hear your input.

For me, I just love a man who treats me with respect and talks to me like an equal. I love engaging conversation and great eye contact. Another must is that he is clean and takes care of himself!

AngelicaNicole
07-13-2013, 03:31 PM
You pretty much listed all of the qualities that I like in a man. Being clean and well groom is a must, especially if they are presumptuous enough to approach me in public or a private setting--appearance can determine if I give out my number or not. I am very picky and that is only because I am looking for someone that I can grow with and build a strong foundation with. The guy doesn't have to be perfect but I do like a man who is independent or at least in the midst of making it possible for them to be independent. Also, I would like to see how a man interacts with his ****** because I always say, "he who treats his women with respect, will treat the woman by his side with respect."

GArmstrong
07-13-2013, 07:04 PM
I am in agreement with you Ladies as to the type of man you are willing to accept into your lives. I am married now but it took me a while (with some hits and misses):rolleyes: to find someone with those aforementioned character traits. I also was looking for a marriage minded type of man. I found such a man or (rather we found each other). I needed and desired someone who had the potential faithful to me. I had been sexually inactive for a while. Choosing to wait it out rather than to allow my body to be used for a so called “booty call”. I wanted a relationship. Anyway I have such a man now.;) In fact He says ‘’we are book ends” He was celibate also. Too many victims of sexually transmitted diseases out here. So I am writing this to encourage you Ladies to stay positive and hold on to your principles because you are well worth it. The man who gets you will think so too!! Nice to chat with you. ;);)

jesslane94
07-14-2013, 09:57 AM
I agree, it's okay to be picky! It's okay to have standards, as long as they're not keeping you from getting to know a potential nice guy! But I sure do like to have my body respected. I want to be someone that he can mentally connect with too!

Jcase
07-14-2013, 05:50 PM
He has to be open minded, nonjudgmental, funny and kind. Someone who knows how to take care of others and make them feel valued. Financially stable is a big plus, I'm not interested in paying his bills. Takes care of himself and not overly attached to his family in a weird way. Doesn't have to be educated at the best schools but should have a desire to always learn new things and be well-read. Am I asking too much?

jesslane94
07-15-2013, 01:10 PM
He has to be open minded, nonjudgmental, funny and kind. Someone who knows how to take care of others and make them feel valued. Financially stable is a big plus, I'm not interested in paying his bills. Takes care of himself and not overly attached to his family in a weird way. Doesn't have to be educated at the best schools but should have a desire to always learn new things and be well-read. Am I asking too much?

You are definitely not asking too much! I agree with your statement. So many good things in it! :] I like the desire to learn, that's always nice. A man with a sharp mind!

firelily99
11-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Everything that you ladies have listed sounds great! Its certainly not too much to ask for and being picky (I prefer discerning); if we aren't then we are in fact asking for trouble.