PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made you feel left out?

AnnaU93
07-14-2013, 11:22 AM
I have had situations in my life where I was invited to go to dinner and a movie with my friend and her boyfriend. Although she was doing this because she wanted to spend time with me I still felt like it was the wrong thing to do. I would be the third wheel and no matter how you would spin this situation this would be a fact. I declined this offer politely because I know how it would go since this was a very affectionate couple(haha).

I personally wouldn't invite someone like this because I would rather give my boyfriend my full attention rather than inviting friends.

Have you ever been in a situation like this and if not what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Trellum
11-14-2013, 09:51 PM
I have never liked the idea of inviting a friend to a date or being invited to one when I was single! I think a date is something very intimate, and the couple should spend that time together. Inviting someone isn't the best idea, because the other person will end up feeling bad and the overall situation might end turning out really awkward! \

That being said, yes, I think you did the right thing! I always did the same when a friend tried to do that, after all I was single for nearly 7 years! So I had plenty of invitations. I'm more of an introvert, so I was totally ok staying at home :) Which is lucky because most of my friends had someone back then and still do, I believe.

Fancy
11-14-2013, 11:50 PM
The idea of being invited into a party or date by someone who is with his or her boy or girl friends irritates me the most. This is because am still single and I have been called by female and male friends on various dates but to date I just tell them am busy from what I suffered during such times. I only go out with friends when am sure the ones they are going with don't have any close relation hence we can share anything without bothers.

Camella
11-15-2013, 12:26 PM
That is a classic third wheel situation. And it ends badly if one of the people in the relationship starts flirting with the friend.

heyhowareyou
11-23-2013, 06:20 AM
I'd say probably the only bad thing about being single is how often you have to play the role of third wheel. It's not even just the fact that you feel left out, it's either they're just paying attention to each other and ignoring you, or your friend is overcompensating and showing you a bunch of attention and neglecting their S.O, which is equally awkward.