PDA

View Full Version : Red Flags?

Zimri
07-19-2013, 05:34 PM
You know when you realize the person you've been dating is a jerk, and then you look back to the beginning of the relationship and see all the red flags that you missed? What are some of those red flags that are trying to tell you to get out of the relationship now?
Some of the ones I can think of are treating servers in restaurants poorly, criticizing how I dress, forgetting birthdays and anniversaries and saying me caring about them is stupid, being unable to admit when he's wrong, things like that.
What are some of the red flags you notice when you look back on a bad relationship?

Trellum
11-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Uhm for me a huge red flag is when he often talks or brings up for no reason his ex, specially how beautiful she was or when he discloses details of his sexual life with them. My current boyfriend did that a lot in the beginning, but I came to realize he's just not very mature and good with the ladies.

Another red flag is when they bring you down, and then try to make it up saying something nice; that's a clear sign the guy is a total and absolute abuser who is just testing the waters... trying to see what your weaknesses are and how vulnerable you are. The moment they say something that hurts you... that's a really bad sign, specially if you tell him it hurts you and he still keeps doing it. That's a clear sign you must run.

firelily99
11-16-2013, 03:07 PM
When they start talking about their ex (or exes) I know that I really don't want any part of them. Controlling is another one that pops up and has me heading for the exit and lying is a huge no-no.

Misspittypat
11-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Being oh so calm and nice in the beginning and then as the time goes on, lying, hiding things from you, criticizing your friends and family behind their backs and being nice to their faces, constantly bringing up their exes, wanting you all to themselves even when you express your need to make time for all the other people in your life and then needing to tag along and be around you all the time when you finally do make time for others. Anything that feels controlling, suffocating or makes you paranoid, listen to your gut feeling and get out before they either drive you insane thinking its your fault or they get there before you and break your heart into millions of pieces!! Whew... rant over! <3

solosinger
11-25-2013, 05:05 PM
I believe everyone has different tolerant levels. For me a red flag is when a person is nicer to others then they are to me. Another red flag is when a person is soo independant they only want me around when they need something from me. For me when someone does not even think to ask me about my day or try to learn my likes and dislikes. I do not like people who are only TAKERS oh well I better stop for this turns into a blog or book lol