PDA

View Full Version : Best Way To Meet Someone

solosinger
07-22-2013, 12:01 PM
I do not do the bars or night clubs thing anymore. Not looking for a "mister goodbar". So anyone have any suggestions about the best way to meet someone? I get alot of attention when I go out,however the "cat calls" do not move me because it seems that guys like that just like to "meow" or "bark"(may be a better word)at everything that they see which might appeal to their taste. I am innately shy and can appear to be a bit stand offish,and it usually takes me a while to warm up to people. Ok Community, work with me now. LOL Any good suggestions?:confused::D

AnnaU93
07-22-2013, 06:03 PM
I would honestly suggest that just meeting someone through a friends friend would be the best option sometimes. I would recommend to perhaps call a good friend and ask them to call their friends and to have their friends call theirs and then to just get a good amount of people together and to hang out. You may be surprised at the connections you might make even if you aren't comfortable at first.
Other than that I would just recommend to not focus on meeting someone because at the end of the day life throws us the best people when we aren't expecting and searching so hard for the right friends or the right romantic partner.

Sandara
07-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Well mutual friends are the best way to go. Maybe date your best friend! Dating your best friend isn't different than dating a person! People may not want to go that route because it might lose their friendship... Back in the days everyone could just go up to a girl and ask them out, now it is much harder I would say. Just spend time with your friends more and hopefully they will introduce you to new people. If you keep making connections with people then the it person will surely come.

Oznola
07-22-2013, 06:24 PM
I would say expose yourself to social gatherings such as Art Museums and special events, so you can increase your chances of meeting someone. Don't be afraid of rejection. You can try a online dating site and find potential matches to date.

Yanni
11-13-2013, 06:37 PM
I saw that Zoosk was rated one of the best ways to meet someone. They must have really stepped up the game with that website.

Trellum
11-13-2013, 10:51 PM
I met my current boyfriend online, but it can be really hard to meet legit people online or anywhere else for that matter! I guess I was very lucky to find him. If you decide to meet someone online you must make sure to pay close attention to red flags, just like in any other relationship, but it can be harder... because it might take you a while to meet each other face to face. So you must be super alert. Also have in mind that rushing to meet someone in person isn't the best idea, you must take your time to get to know the person a bit better online.

I love online dating because you can easily know if the two of you have things in common or like each other company without being on a date that could turn into a really awkward situation. Have fun and try it! You have nothing to lose, just be careful and alert!

googoos0ng
01-09-2014, 07:41 AM
There's not one best way to meet someone. Definitely, if you are not confident with yourself you will never meet a new person....this is the starting point. Second, sometimes i see people always going into the same places or going to restaurants when going out...how good can you social if you are eating and sitting at a table with your close friends??? I always suggest to go in the mess, go clubbing, go having a beer out with your friends, meet new people, invite others you don't know so much, being just open. Not only it's the best way to know new people, but your social attitude will be well satisfied!