PDA

View Full Version : Do women prefer husbands who know how to cook to those that do not know how to cook?

prey
11-19-2013, 09:45 AM
I have heard many women saying that they prefer to cook their own food than to eat food cooked by their husbands. Is this true? Personally, I think it depends on whether or not the husband knows how to cook.

tech2d
11-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Well...I don't have a wife but when I was married, my wife did most of the cooking because to be honest I'm not the best cook. I'm single now and even I don't like my cooking!

april84
11-19-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm a woman and I love it when my husband cooks(he grills sometimes). I wish he cooked more. I do most of the cooking and it's nice to be taken care of the have a break sometimes.

Cosmic Debris
11-19-2013, 12:38 PM
I have heard many women saying that they prefer to cook their own food than to eat food cooked by their husbands. Is this true? Personally, I think it depends on whether or not the husband knows how to cook.

I am quite fortunate. My husband does most of the daily cooking. I'll cook for special occasions or when meals might be complicated.

I prefer the husband cook meals. He usually has fewer demands his time than the woman who works a job, then works with her own children after the workday ends.

Sherief
11-19-2013, 04:06 PM
My wife always tells me that one of the things that she fell in love with is my cooking lol So, I cook as often as possible. She really appreciates my cooking since none of her ex's ever cooked for her. Honestly, I have heard the opposite of what you posted, I have heard many women say that they would love a man that can cook.

dazzlingblue
11-19-2013, 06:02 PM
I think that the answer to the original question really depends on whether the person actually cares about food in general...

Though I do a majority of the cooking, I love that my husband can cook, loves food, and can give me input on what he wants to eat during the week. I love food (I'd definitely consider myself a foodie), and I couldn't have married a person that didn't have that passion. It does help that my husband, once upon a time, was a chef.

friendly40
11-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Having a man that can cook is a bonus not a must:) it would be nice to come home to a nice dinner but l like to cook myself so l would prefer to do the cooking, l seriously think that there is not much men out there that can cook nowadays due to ready made meals and takeaways.

Trellum
11-20-2013, 11:01 AM
I love men who can cook, because they can cook for me if I get sick or something. Actually my ex was kurdish, and he cooked the best kurdish food ever!! OMG!!! I enjoyed the fact he really liked to cook and knew how to do it! My current boyfriend doesn't know how to cook, I suspect he can hardly make himself a sandwich, lol. So, that means I'll have a lot work to do, but he has told me he'd like to help me with the cooking so he can learn to cook :) I've told him that's possible and would love to teach him; after all it's not that hard!

A man who can't cook is not a deal breaker for me. I guess no woman will ever dislike having a boyfriend who can cook tho :P But oh well, my guy is great in a lot senses, not being able to cook is just a minor thing that can be fixed ;)

SandyM
11-21-2013, 03:48 AM
When I went on the dating first time with my fiance that time I asked first question to him that do you know cook? He told me yes, but after marriage he cooked occasionally for me because he is busy in his job. Honestly, my husband is a very good cook my in-laws and I like to eat food which made by my husband.

Kelly
11-21-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm not married but I do prefer a man who cooks. I am not really one that likes to cook so fortunately for me I have always had someone who cooks for me. I do cook when I need to but not all the time. They say that a way to a man's heart is threw his stomach...I don't know. Then again that might be why I'm not married lol.

Ladyshucula
11-21-2013, 06:11 PM

I cook, and my husband can cook also. He can cook a great breakfast/brunch:D.
But whether I prefer a husband that can cook?My answer is I do not care! I can think of a lot other things that want my husband to be, And trust me cooking is not on the list!:D

Oznola
11-23-2013, 07:50 PM
As a man, I am working on my cooking skills. A woman adores a man who can cook and put it down in the kitchen.

tajnz
11-24-2013, 03:00 AM
I'd never date a guy who expected me to cook for him 100% of the time, so I find the ability to cook as an attractive quality. To be honest I love having food prepared to me as it shows that someone has cared enough about me to treat me to a home cooked meal, which took time and energy to create. In a long term relationship I'd prefer to split cooking duties 50/50.

Josie
12-28-2013, 10:04 PM
I wouldn't prefer one over the other. If you can cook, that's awesome.. everyone should know how, I don't see any excuse for that. We need to eat! lol. If you can't cook, I would expect you to be open to learning. I love cooking, but I don't want to be a slave to my stove because I'm the only one in the house that could keep us alive lol. So it wouldn't matter either way in the beginning, but I would hope to be with someone who would take the challenge on head first and be self sufficient in every way. Thankfully, I married an amazing cook.

kellykr9
01-09-2014, 04:34 PM
I would love a guy who loves to cook. Honestly, I'm a horrible cook so if he can cook better and he likes it, it's fine by me. I think it's sexy if a guy cooks. Personally, I'm the type of girl who can be won over with that kind of thing. I love doing household chores, but I've never enjoyed cooking, therefore it would be a plus for a girl like me.

brian101
02-26-2014, 06:13 PM
I'm definitely working on my cooking skills so I can cook for my woman when I get married, may even get to a point where we both compare recipes, even have a culinary show down, who know's but I'm sure it'll be fun.

joeyjevv
02-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Mad props to the men in this thread who are open to learning and wanting to cook! :)

I honestly don't think it's a major factor of preference when looking for a husband/partner, but it sure is nice to have someone be open to contribute to a practical life for the future.

I won't expect my man to know how to cook, and I definitely won't dislike a man just for the lack of this skill. However, it would be really appreciated if he were open, willing, and curious. I think the rest shall follow from there.

cookiesandcream
03-01-2014, 06:38 AM
This is what I told me mom last night. I told her I want a man that can cook. :D I'm a so-so cook. Not too terrible but not great either so I want a man who can just wow me with his cooking skills.