PDA

View Full Version : Paying for Your Wedding

Yanni
11-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Someone forwarded me videos from the Australian youtube couple Jamie and Nikki (random side note, Nikki's sister was a finalist in Australia's next top model). Anyway, I was watching one of their most recent videos where they casually mentioned. "Our parents didn't have money. We paid for the entire wedding ourselves." This struck me because the wedding was so gorgeous and intricate I thought surely they had a wedding planner or older people to pay for it. They have great taste to be so young (Nikki was only 22 at the time). So it made me wonder, what are the best ways to save money for a classy wedding of your dreams? What ideas do you have for a beautiful wedding on a budget (that people can't tell was on a budget)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46xhFCXBMJs

caparica007
11-21-2013, 05:11 AM
I don't think I would save money to have this super chic wedding, I think it's hard enough to start a life and I would save for that. The wedding itself is just a ceremony with the ones we love, so we show what we are and what we have.

dazzlingblue
11-21-2013, 12:00 PM
I have nothing against weddings, but here's a link to some photos from my elopement:

http://www.joyeusephotography.com/ayumi-matt-a-central-park-elopement-new-york-city-creative-elopement-photography/

The dress itself was around $100 (all the fixin's that went with the dress did add to the cost, but not as much as buying a giant gown).

friendly40
11-21-2013, 12:07 PM
It is up to the couple whether they go big or not and like l mentioned in another thread your wedding day is a very special day and couples do save very hard to pay for just the little things let alone the big things and l think it is possible to shop around and get some good deals.

ellaruis
01-14-2014, 12:14 AM
So it made me wonder, what are the best ways to save money for a classy wedding of your dreams? What ideas do you have for a beautiful wedding on a budget (that people can't tell was on a budget)?

Hi I am running a one stop shop wedding services from photo, video, flowers to wedding coordination. I am not sure what are the best ways to save money for your dream wedding. However, what I do tell my clients is you have to be very aware of how much money you are willing to spend.

You don't plan a big wedding and then think if you can afford it. What you do is you think of how much money you have in your pocket before you start planning. From there, you will have an idea of what kind of wedding you're going to have. If you're going to have a big wedding then I guess you need more time to save and then go from there.

I had a client who celebrated their wedding for only 40 people. Beautiful wedding on a budget but very classy and intimate (and yes no one could tell it was on a budget :p).