PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who

Joao
11-22-2013, 05:53 AM
Any Doctor Who fans out there? The series seems to be on everyone's mouth as its 50th Anniversary approaches. Today's Google Doodle, for instance, is just great! I think there's a TV movie being shown on the BBC about the beggining of the show, will want to see that, since the First Doctor is still my favourite.

And then there's the special anniversary episode, very pumped to see that!

Joao
11-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Last night's episode was absolutely brilliant, I think it will go down in Doctor Who history as one of the best ever. Incredible storyline, great chemistry among the three Doctors, full of references to the past 50 years of the show. I didn't much enjoy the whole Elizabethan sub-plot, but the rest was pure bliss. Anyone else caught it? What do you think?

XxMotleyCrueXx
12-24-2013, 05:17 AM
I actually am planning on starting to watch this show people on other forums urge me to start with the 10th doctor but I am soooo tempted to just start with the 11th doctor since he (Matt Smith) looks so cute! I even watched tribute videos of the 11th doctor on YouTube although I have not yet seen the show. Plus it looks like he acts so nerdy! which is CUTE!!! like in the video here......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DAGzRvcH2s

Joao
12-24-2013, 05:51 AM
10th, 11th? Start with the first! You'll have 50 years of a great show from there on!

Okay, now on a serious note. Obviously it would be too much for a newcomer to start watching the 60's episodes first. So if you really want to start, you can do so with the 9th, 10th or 11th Doctor. I always advise people to start at the "new" beggining, that is, with Christopher Ecclestone's 2005 Doctor.

Josie
01-09-2014, 09:24 AM
UGH.. I keep seeing Doctor Who EVERYwhere lol. I grew up despising it.. I watched it, because back in the day there wasn't much to choose from, but I hated the opening music and the show.. well, it was so good I can barely remember it lol. There is this sudden HUGE burst of Who lovers though and it's got me curious to see if it's better than what I (don't) remember. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Cosmic Debris
01-09-2014, 12:13 PM
The hubby and I are Whovians from way back. Before we were married to each other, our households had the same Sunday morning ritual; we'd make breakfast and settle down, with our children, and watch Dr. Who all morning long on the local PBS station.

He started watching with the very first Dr., and I started with Tom Baker.

We switched from Comcast/Xfinity cable television to Direct TV"s satellite television service so that we could watch Dr. Who on BBC America.

I guess that makes us hardcore Whovians!

Joao
01-11-2014, 07:39 AM
That's definitely love for the show, Cosmic Debris! What did you think about the last episode?

Also, do I spot a Zappa fan? Cheers!