PDA

View Full Version : The Cell Phone

Kelly
11-23-2013, 11:53 PM
What is it with men and their cell phones? Why do some of them feel like they have to guard their phones 24-7. Will you search your man's phone? Do you feel guilty afterwards? I personally just want to know what you have going on in there.

Sherief
11-25-2013, 10:17 AM
If a man is guarding his phone, and making sure it is never accessible to you, then I would say that there is something being hidden. I don't want to make you ultra paranoid, and I don't think it's a good idea to be sneaky and search through his phone, but I do think that you should probably ask him openly why he guards his phone.

When my wife and I first started dating, she was that way with her phone, and I started to get a tad paranoid. I asked her about it, and after some discussion, she handed me her phone, and admitted that it was because she had some ex boyfriends who were constantly sending her messages hitting on her. She let me read all the messages, and thankfully she was always pushing them away and telling them to back off, and making sure they were aware that she was taken (if she handled it any other way I don't think we would have continued our relationship).

She didn't want me to see the messages because she was worried that it would anger me.

After that discussion, and after communicating about it, she realized that I wasn't the type of man to freak out over those things, and she stopped guarding her phone.

Whenever there is doubt, you need to communicate it, the worst thing a person can do in a relationship (ANY RELATIONSHIP), is make assumptions.

Trellum
12-10-2013, 04:17 PM
I agree with Sherif, one of my cheating ex boyfriends used to guard his mobile really closely. I remember he'd not let me take a look at his or his yahoo mesenger account. One day I just digged enough and found out he was chatting with other girls online nearly daily! One would think that they don't look like someone with enough time for that, but trust me... they always seem to find the time for doing that! It seems there is always time for cheating, well, at least for him there was.

As for my current boyfriend goes, I think he has no issues with his mobile, skype account of facebook :) That definitely gives me a good feeling!

sidney
12-24-2013, 09:52 PM
I think I would want to take a look on my SO's phone just out of curiosity, since I'm not really the jealous type. But usually, when someone guards their phone like a hawk, then you can be sure that they've got something to hide. So I consider it as an obvious sign that's something's fishy, and I would definitely investigate on that.

SandyM
12-25-2013, 05:30 AM
I trust on my husband that's why I never checked his cell phone. He is very honest with me and never tried to hide any talk with me that doesn't mean I keep my eyes close I asked him when I felt any doubt and clear all confusions with him because sometimes human's life being spoiled due to habit of doubt of his/her partner.

GArmstrong
12-25-2013, 10:24 AM
In My Opinion, One of the greatest ways to stay in a trusting relationship is to be able to trade cellphones, computers and the like. It shouldn't matter if I look in my husband cellphone or computer ,facebook page or any thing else of His. He knows he can certainly look at mines.
The person who sees me at my best and my worst is MY husband . With me there are no secrets. My locks and passwords are for other people not my spouse.

When your mate knows he can be trusted the cell phone exchange should not be a problem Wow what did we ever do without cell phones, computers or social media?

While trust in a relationship is important, It is not automatic!! Trust is earned and hard to come by.So I have no need or desire to withhold anything from my mate. Honesty is still the best policy!