PDA

View Full Version : The Indian Wedding Are So Costly

ghanashyam
11-24-2013, 10:42 AM
The Indian wedding are so costly that it can make your financial position unstable because you will be forced to take a loan. The most costly thing is purchasing of gold as much 50 gms for both man and woman alike and dinner parties to the guests that can cause you $3000. I believe this money can be saved to purchase the new house but the customs are old that every body has to spend it be it bride or groom.
The people in India are still not ready to accept the simple marriages.

Yanni
11-24-2013, 01:50 PM
The Indian wedding are so costly that it can make your financial position unstable because you will be forced to take a loan. The most costly thing is purchasing of gold as much 50 gms for both man and woman alike and dinner parties to the guests that can cause you $3000. I believe this money can be saved to purchase the new house but the customs are old that every body has to spend it be it bride or groom.
The people in India are still not ready to accept the simple marriages.

I watched the movie Mother India and I was very sad that this happens sometimes (families spend so much money on weddings and dowries that they can go bankrupt). I also read in Forbes that middle class Indian families spend $100,000 on a wedding, on average.

ghanashyam
11-25-2013, 09:56 AM
I watched the movie Mother India and I was very sad that this happens sometimes (families spend so much money on weddings and dowries that they can go bankrupt). I also read in Forbes that middle class Indian families spend $100,000 on a wedding, on average.

Yes, it is true and the people always feel forced to spend the money even if they cannot afford. No doubt the people also give the gifts but then they are very insignificant.Some family would spend their entire life savings for marrying the daughters and sons. The marriage halls, the food, the new cloths, everything is so much costly and both sides would end up in spending more than necessary in this fever.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTT9bLkZvvK0RYEzRKP-L2zESdbhYu4oUwLieYSMPskGa9ygmiLQ

friendly40
11-26-2013, 07:12 AM
I understand what your saying but its indian tradition and everything that comes with it is special, people know how its done so they have time to prepare some what and if they prepare a little they won't have to take out big loans just small ones:) l personally love it all as it makes the day even more enchanting.

ghanashyam
12-24-2013, 09:42 AM
I understand what your saying but its indian tradition and everything that comes with it is special, people know how its done so they have time to prepare some what and if they prepare a little they won't have to take out big loans just small ones:) l personally love it all as it makes the day even more enchanting.

Is it the same way in your country ? Indian wedding are costly because people have a wrong notion of making it expensive to stand in the society. The food and the cloths must be all special and costly to make it praised by the people. People sell their land and property to make a costly wedding.