PDA

View Full Version : Why Are You Single?

TheViper
11-26-2013, 05:56 AM
Have you ever asked yourself that crucial question? What is it about you that makes is so that you can't find a man or a women? There are too many people in this world to be single and it makes no sense why some of us are.

Post below why you think that you are single

Trellum
12-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Well, I'm no longer single, but I was single for nearly 6 years!!! So I know the single scene quite well actually ;) My main reason to stay single for so long was because my previous relationship had gone quite bad, after that relationship I felt quite hurt and unable to trust or love anyone ever again.

It took me so long to heal, and even now I still have trusting issues! But I try to forget about the past and focus on the present. I'm now with a great guy, who really seems to want to be with me and marry me, but only time will tell for sure :) For now I just live in the present :)

tajnz
12-10-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm single because I've never met a guy that I connected with and am not interested in dating a guy just to say I have a boyfriend. I don't mind waiting for the right guy though. :) My time will come.

Sure there are lots of singles but it's rare and special when two people meet who are mutually interested in each other. Most times two singles meet, one will like the other, or neither will be interested in the other.

I guess, something I do which probably doesn't help me is that when I find a guy good looking I'll normally go out of my way to avoid him, whereas if I don't I'll befriend him and get on like a house on fire. My female friends always ask me how that strategy is working for me ha ha. It has led to some awkward instances where these male friends I'm not interested in romantically end up confessing crushes on me weeks or months later, even though I never flirted with them.

sidney
12-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Why am I single? It's by choice actually. I will only enter a relationship if I'm already deeply in love with that person. I tend to view relationships as a task that requires time and effort, so if i'm not prepared to give that person my time, money, attention, effort, etc. then I won't enter a relationship.

Kjack12
12-26-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm single for a variety of reasons. The primary reason is that I don't want to be in a relationship right now. I'd say the biggest reason I don't want to be in a relationship is that I'm not sure I'm ready to be in a mature relationship. Even now at the age of 20 I still have a lot of growing and learning to do before I fell I'll be able to handle a relationship of the caliber I desire. The second biggest reason I'm still single is, like others here, the last relationship I had messed me up pretty bad and I'm not ready to love or trust anyone like that again. I've currently got a FWB situation going with one of my best friends and I think that's all I could really handle right now. The final reason I've stayed single is that, much like sidney, I haven't found anyone who I want to put that much time and effort into; this contributes to my assessment that I'm not ready for a mature relationship.

googoos0ng
01-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Being single is never a choice in my opinion, but sometimes you NEED to be single because it's the best way to carry back your whole attention to yourself. Some people who have had long relationships and break up, they are used to start new relationships just right after. It is something wrong in my opinion, because you don't give yourself the time to focus back only on yourself.

owesem75
02-22-2014, 02:16 PM
I am still single, not by choice. 3 consecutive failed relationship did it to me. I am not sure if I was the problem or there was even a problem at all. But even if there was, this space would probably be not enough to explain it all. Being single has its good.. you can do anything you want, you can travel anywhere you want and at any time without too much baggage. The downside is.. you are living alone and it's sad.

cookiesandcream
02-23-2014, 06:59 AM
I was in a couple of relationships that didn't work and ended too quickly so I've made a promise to myself that I will not jump into a relationship unless and until i'm a 100% sure. I guess i'm sick of dealing with all the BS that comes with dating someone. All the silly and unwanted fights. I just think that right now, it's time for me to be by myself and concentrate solely on myself so I can really find out what I want in life and be successful. I want to first be totally independent then i'll think about dating again.

yvette4887
02-26-2014, 01:29 PM
I have ask myself that question and at times I believe I might be a little picky when it comes to men. I have had men try to talk to me, but they did not fit my idea of what I want a man to be like and how he should approach me. Now days, a lot of men are rude. They come to you with these obscene lines and expect you to kneel to them. That might work for some women, but not me. Others like to use material things to get your attention. Again does not work for me. There is this guy I met a while back ago that was very nice and we had a lot in common, but he was split not divorce from his wife and he has three children. He admitted to me that he has his own drama that he is dealing with and a relationship would not thrive in it. And he's right, that is to much for me to handle. I also realize that I am still single because I do not really go out and mingle. I know that a man would enjoy having me because I am so down to earth, and fun, but finding one that I can connect with me or who want kill me is hard to find and you almost have to be a detective to find him.

brian101
02-27-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm single pretty much by choice, I have a lot of goals that I want to achieve before even thinking about having a relationship and to be honest in this day and age relationships don't last or they have a lot of unnecessary drama that come with them... maybe its the area I live in who knows. Any hows I generally prefer fwb relationships because they give me the space to work on my personal goals, and plus I love my independence! I don't know why but I feel a lot more productive this way.

People generally being single means that you are lonely and have a lot of downtime but I think downtime is good because it gives me time to reflect and think about what I want/need to do, but this obviously needs to be in moderation because me personally I would also need people around me as part of a healthy balance between downtime, relaxed mode and up beat, social mode. Anyways I digress, I love the freedom of single life.