PDA

View Full Version : What things turn you off most about a man/woman?

Trellum
12-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Hello everyone! Just as the title says, I think we have felt turned off by something one of our dates has said or done at least once in our life! There are some things that can be real deal breakers for some of us, for me a real deal breaker is extreme jealousy and bad body odour.

I had to go tru a lot things before meeting my current boyfriend, like for example extremely cheap guys or guys who kept saying one lie after another. Whenever I remember that I can't help but feel grateful for what I have now :) But if I had to make a list of all the things that turn me off most about a man, my list would look like this:

- Cheap guys who invite you on a date, and after that complain about how much they had to pay.
- Guys who like to boast about their car or their clothes.
- Men who lie and lie.
- Oily hair.
- Dirty teeth.
- Stained clothes/Dirty clothes.

Feel free to make your own list, or comment the few/many things that turn you off most about a man/woman :)

tajnz
12-10-2013, 05:02 PM
My list of turn offs.
- Men who are arrogant, confidence is attractive but arrogance isn't. I can't stand guys who think they are god's gift to women.
- Men who are negative and spend too much time complaining about their lives. I love lending a helpful ear but there is a difference between a guy sharing his frustration occasionally and a guy who is generally pessimistic.
- Men who are overly flirty or use cheesy pick up lines.
- Men who can't hold a stimulating conversation.
- Men who are disrespectful to others. The type of man I'd like to date would treat everyone, from a waiter to his mother with respect.
- Men who don't take pride in their appearance.

Rocketman
12-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Bad personalities. Basically, selfishness, sense of entitlement, instability, spite, lack of empathy, and/or extreme insecurity.

heyhowareyou
12-24-2013, 06:44 AM
The main thing I dislike in women are people who are simply just not nice. A lot of people take pride in being rude and sassy and obnoxious, but that is one of the most unattractive thing possible to me.

Joao
12-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Bad personalities. Basically, selfishness, sense of entitlement, instability, spite, lack of empathy, and/or extreme insecurity.

This. I could never fall for a girl developing any or all of these traits. I would also had to the list:
- lack of a sense of humour;
- not knowing when to shut up;
- very poor hygiene (though that's not usually a problem with women - quite the contrary).

tech2d
12-24-2013, 12:13 PM
I personally don't like women who are gold digger, rude, snide, obnoxious, and have a sense of entitlement.

sidney
12-24-2013, 09:05 PM
I get turned off by immaturity, dishonesty, miserliness, arrogance, being flirtatious, attention seeking and competitive behavior. There are some guys that actually compete with their gf's, like who is more successful or who earns more.

XxMotleyCrueXx
12-25-2013, 02:01 AM
I cant stand females that act ditzy, childish, too happy to a point where it seems fake, someone who is snotty and dresses inappropriately, rude etc. And someone that cakes their face in makeup making it look looking ridiculous, also anyone that yells and is clingy.... not cool!

as for a guy I don't like ones that flirt with other woman, guys who wear sagging pants and act like they are the s*it, jocks, I don't like rude guys either they have to be sweet, down to earth, caring, HONEST, with a sense of humor but not to the point of stupid, I also like shy guys that seem like loners. Perfect examples would be actor Norman Reedus he is my type of guy... love him!!! :o I also like mysterious, brooding guys as well but with the other things I mentioned above as well, take for instance Angel from the TV show Buffy.

kellykr9
01-08-2014, 03:44 PM
-Men with close minded views
-Men who hate animals (big animal lover who owns a dog)
-Men who give off this arrogant attitude
-Men who are very cheap
- Immature men
-Men who check out other women when they're on a date
-Men who use their phones way too much
-When they talk too much about their ex

The list goes on but these are just some major ones. I can let one or two slide if they make it up with a great personality or great sense of humor. But the first two are definite for me. I can't bother to even try with someone who is close minded or hates animals. I love animals and I wouldn't give up my dog for a guy who might not even be the one. I can almost guarantee he's not the one, if he hates animals.

Trellum
01-08-2014, 05:43 PM
You know? My boyfriend used to talk a lot about his exes, but I started to do the same to give him a taste of his own medicine, and guess what? It worked! LOL, he never does that anymore. But yeah, I understand what you are saying, a guy talking about his ex is a huge turn off. I mean, if you were so happy with her why aren't you still together? LOL.

I also dislike really cheap men, I once went on a date with a guy who hesitate a lot on buying even something that costed just 2 dollars (some cheap street food). It got in my nerves and I had to stop dating him. Not to mention he was extremely boring!

Trellum
01-08-2014, 06:19 PM
My list of turn offs.
- Men who are arrogant, confidence is attractive but arrogance isn't. I can't stand guys who think they are god's gift to women.
- Men who are negative and spend too much time complaining about their lives. I love lending a helpful ear but there is a difference between a guy sharing his frustration occasionally and a guy who is generally pessimistic.
- Men who are overly flirty or use cheesy pick up lines.
- Men who can't hold a stimulating conversation.
- Men who are disrespectful to others. The type of man I'd like to date would treat everyone, from a waiter to his mother with respect.
- Men who don't take pride in their appearance.

That's a really great list! I also dislike arrogant guys, or guys who think they know it all and just want to tell you what you should do and giving you advices you never asked for. That's so annoying.

Also men who can't hold a conversation! Man, that kind of guys are soooooo boring! I hate the kind of guys that expect you to carry on with the conversation almost on your own! I've been on dates with guys who couldn't hold a decent conversation, so I had to do most of the work... and break the awkward silence from time to time! You know what's even more scary? When they call you asking for another date, thinking you will want to go on another date with them, lol.

googoos0ng
01-09-2014, 07:35 AM
I dislike a lot many small ways men sometimes behave...when they eat open mouth and you listen to their "music", when they are not polite with people they don't know, i dislike men talking only about themselves and starting any conversation with the pronoun "I", the ones who hate animals and the ones who are booooring, so booooring that always talk about the same things!!

Josie
01-12-2014, 08:40 AM
I don't like insecurities that intrude on other people. Most people have insecurities, but when you make other people suffer for them, that's completely uncool. I've dated insecure men and my every move was questioned, or they got clingy. I also don't like game playing.. say what's on your mind, ask me questions, don't assume etc.. communication is key. It sounds cliche, but it's so true. If you don't say what you feel when you feel it, you have no right to get upset when your needs aren't met.

gats
01-13-2014, 09:44 AM
I do not like women who expect me to 100% support them financially. I have no problem giving up my paycheck to support the one I love, but I hate women who feel entitled for me to do so.

yvette4887
02-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Some say I may be picky when it comes to men, and they might be right.
I dislike men who are

rude
disrespectful
cheap
nasty
dirty
no sense of humor
lies
bad breathe
mean
selfish
cheats
dream breaker

The list can go on!

Honestly, I see the men in my family or who others have dated and I see that they have the same characteristics of a man I would hate to date. The women are not happy, but they continue to still stay with these man. And I would honestly have to say my father is one of those men. I love my dad, but hate the way he treats my mother. She's such a good person and deserves respect and love like we all should receive, including men.

I know nobody's perfect, but I a least expect the obvious; respect, trust, communication, and a good sense of humor.

Now days you have to be picky and aware of you are dating because you could end up with an abuser, wacko, serial killer or even worst.

Men have to realize that when you treat women right then we can be the perfect woman for you. ;)

cookiesandcream
03-01-2014, 05:37 AM
Big turn offs for me are men who act like babies and are immature. I also hate men who are dirty. Hygiene for me is extremely important and I'm a bit of a neat freak so I can't stand it at all. Especially bad breath. Yuck!

isabbbela
03-02-2014, 11:40 PM
To me the biggest turn offs in men is when they are insecure and unsure. I hate is when a guy doesn't have any confidence, can't make a decision on their own and are always asking questions instead of taking initiative. I like guys who know what they want and how much they are worth, I couldn't be with someone who I liked more than they liked themselves! Plus I'm a bit shy, so when a guy is unsure and shy as well it's a mess!

Peninha
03-03-2014, 09:14 AM
A major turn off for me about women is lack of hygiene, but that is pretty basic. Also, I like a simple woman (ahahah), so if the woman seems too complicated or with issues on the first dates, forget it, I really don't need that much drama in my life (just the regular dosage). :)