View RSS Feed

Prophetess Rosie Bryant

"FOLLOWING HIS INSTRUCTION" JER1:10-12 GNB

Rate this Entry
Jer1:10 Today I give you authority over nations and kingdoms to uproot and to pull down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant." The LORD asked me, "Jeremiah, what do you see?" I answered, "A branch of an almond tree." "You are right," the LORD said, "and I am watching to see that my words come true."

It is fitting God's message should be delivered in his own words, "Mortal man, go to the people of Israel and say to them whatever I tell you to say. Speak with my words and those that faithfully will do so shall not want instructions as the case requires.
God will give them a mouth and wisdom in that same hour, Mat10:19-20When they bring you to trial, do not worry about what you are going to say or how you will say it; when the time comes, you will be given what you will say. For the words you will speak will not be yours; they will come from the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
To speak powerfully, and as one that had authority from God, It is a strange commission that is here given to one such as of today he said see, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms. This sounds very great, and yet like Jeremiah who is a poor despicable priest still; he is not set over the kingdoms as a prince to rule them by the sword, but as a prophet by the power of the word of God.
God told him that he only had to follow his instruction that he would give him because he was putting his word inside of him to speak that which was told to him and that he would hasting to perform his word. If we look down to this earth, we find God's word there powerful and effectual, and answering all its great intentions.
Isa 55:10-11For as the rain come down and the snow from heaven, and return not thither, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, and give seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so shall my word be that go forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
The efficacy of his word in the kingdom of providence and grace, which is as certain as the former: “So shall my words be, as powerful in the mouth of prophets as it is in the hand of providence; they shall not return unto me void, as unable to effect what it was sent for, or meeting with an insuperable opposition; no, they shall accomplish that which I please” (for it is the declaration of his will, according to the counsel of which he works all things) “and they shall prosper in the thing for which I sent them.”
This assures us, that the promises of God shall all have their full accomplishment in due time, and not one iota or tittle of them shall fail,1Ki 8:56-57 Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.
The LORD our God will be with us also, as he was with our fathers: let him not leave us, nor forsake us: 1Ki 8:60-61 that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD, he is God; there is none else. Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.
These promises of mercy and grace shall have as real an effect upon the souls of believers, for their sanctification and comfort, as ever the rain had upon the earth, to make it fruitful. That according to the different errands on which the word is sent it will have its different effects. If it be not a savor of life unto life, it will be a savor of death unto death.
If it do not convince the conscience and soften the heart, it will sear the conscience and harden the heart; if it do-not ripen for heaven, it will ripen for hell. One way or other, it will take effect. That Christ's coming into the world, as the dew from heaven will not be in vain. For, if Israel be not gathered, he will be glorious in the conversion of the Gentiles; to them therefore the tenders of grace must be made when the Jews refuse them, that the wedding may be furnished with guests and the gospel not return void. If we take a special view of the church, we shall find what great things God has done, and will do, for it.
It shall be a representation of the blessings promised and a type and figure of them. First the Gospel of grace will set those at liberty that were in bondage to sin and Satan. They shall go out and be led forth. Christ shall make them free, and then they shall be free indeed. Secondly, It will fill those with joy that were melancholy.
Those that were as thorns and briers, good for nothing but the fire, nay, hurtful and vexatious, shall become graceful and useful as the fir-tree and the myrtle-tree. Thorns and briers came in with sin and were the fruits of the curse. The raising of pleasant trees in the room of them signifies the removal of the curse of the law and the introduction of gospel blessings.
The church's enemies were as thorns and briers; but, instead of them, God will raise up friends to be her protection and ornament. Or it may denote the world's growing better; instead of a generation of thorns and briers, there shall come up a generation of fir-trees and myrtles; the children shall be wiser and better than the parents. And, fourthly, in all this God shall be glorified. It shall be to him for a name, by which he will be made known and praised, and by it the people of God shall be encouraged.
It shall be for an everlasting sign of God's favor to them, assuring them that, if they follow his instruction though it may for a time be clouded, it shall never be cut off. The covenant of grace is an everlasting covenant; for the present blessings of it are signs of everlasting ones. 1Sa 12:20-25 And Samuel said unto the people, Fear not: ye have indeed done all this evil: yet turn not aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart; and turn ye not aside: for then should ye go after vain things which cannot profit nor deliver, for they are vain.
For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you a people unto himself. Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will instruct you in the good and the right way. Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.
But if ye shall still do wickedly, ye shall be consumed, both ye and your king. We know that the king who was Saul did not follow the instruction that the Lord gave to him1Sa 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
1Sa 15:9 But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but everything that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly and Saul cause God to be anger with him and took the kingdom from him Sa 13:14 But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the LORD hath appointed him to be prince over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the LORD commanded thee.
You have to follow and obey God’s words from your heart. Fundamentally, the work of God's grace takes place within human hearts. "It is good that the heart be established by grace" Yet, whenever grace is at work in lives, visible indicators inevitably appear: "When you can and have seen the grace of God." This statement should raises for our consideration the observable nature of the grace of God. 2Ti 3:16 -17 Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness: that the man of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work by "FOLLOWING HIS INSTRUCTION" AMEN BE BLESSED!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments