View RSS Feed

Prophetess Rosie Bryant

"HOLD FAST & HOLD FORTH" HEB 4:14-15 (MSG)

Rate this Entry
Now that we know what we have -Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God—let’s not let it slip through our fingers. We don’t have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He’s been through weakness and testing, experienced it all—all but the sin. So let’s walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help.

The greatness of Christ is set forth by his name, Jesus - the Physician and a Savior, and one of a divine nature, the Son of God by eternal generation; and therefore having divine perfection, is able to save to the uttermost all who comes to God by him. He is not only great, but a gracious high priest, merciful, compassionate, and sympathizing with his people.
We have not a high priest who cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, Heb4:15For we have not a high priest that cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one that hath been in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Though he is so great, and so far above us, yet he is very kind, and tenderly concerned for us.
He is touched with the feeling of our infirmities in such a manner as none else can be; for he was himself tried with all the afflictions and troubles that are incident to our nature in its fallen state: and this not only that he might be able to satisfy for us, but to sympathize with us.
He is a sinless high priest: He was in all things tempted as we are, yet without sin. He was tempted by Satan, but he came off without sin. We seldom meet with temptations but they give us some shock. We are apt to give back, though we do not yield; but our great high priest came off clear in his encounter with the devil, who could neither find any sin in him nor fix any stain upon him.
He was tried severely by the Father. It pleased the Lord to bruise him; and yet he sinned not, either in thought, word, or deed. He had done no violence, neither was there any deceit in his mouth. He was holy, harmless, and undefiled; and such a high priest became us. Having thus told us what a one our high priest is, the apostle proceeds to show us, how we should demean ourselves towards him.
The word "to hold " in the Greek is pronunciation ep-EK-o EPECHO which is a compound verb comprised of epi meaning "upon" and echo meaning "to hold." Thus, it came to mean "to hold upon ; to hold one's mind towards; to observe, or to give attention to ; to give heed "in classical Greek, it is to" hold out."
EPECHO appears 5 times in the New Testament, In Luke 14:7-11, in Acts 3:5 and also Acts19:22 were more attention was given to one self than others, Paul tells Timothy in 1Timothy4:16 to pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching. For every Minister should take heed to his life and conversation, and doctrine should be preached according to the Scriptures, trending to edification to hold on to what you have learned.
In Phip2:16 the Scripture says to " holding forth the word of life; that I may have whereof to glory in the day of Christ, that I did not run in vain neither labor in vain." Paul is telling the Philippian believers to "hold fast the word of life" as the word is in its present tense, indicating a continuous practice of holding forth God's Word to the world.
It is our duty not only to Hold Fast, but to Hold Forth the word of life ; not only to hold it fast for our own benefit, but to hold it forth for the benefit of others, to hold it forth as the candlestick holds forth the candle, which makes it appear to advantage all around , or as the luminaries of the heavens, which shed their influence far and wide.Mat5:16, Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Christians should endeavor not only to approve themselves to God, but to recommend themselves to others, that they may also glorify God. We must shine as well as be sincere by doing such good works as men may see, and may approve of; such works as are of good report among them that are without, and as will therefore give them cause to think well of Christianity.
We must do good works that may be seen to the edification of others, but not that they may be seen to our own ostentation; we are bid to pray in secret, and what lies between God and our souls, must be kept to ourselves; but that which is of itself open and obvious to the sight of men, we must study to make congruous to our profession, and praiseworthy.
Those about us must not only hear our good words, but see our good works; that they may be convinced that religion is more than a bare name, and that we do not only make a profession of it, but abide under the power of it. This is why Paul tells us it would be his joy: “That I may rejoice in the day of Christ; not only rejoice in your steadfastness but in your usefulness.” He would have them think his pains well bestowed, and that he had not run in vain, nor labored in vain. Heb 3:6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.
The work of the ministry requires the putting forth of the whole man: all that is within them is little enough to be employed in it; as in running and laboring. Running denotes vehemence and vigor, and continual pressing forward; this is why Paul says in Phip3:14 I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Labor denotes constancy and close application.
It is a great joy to ministers when they perceive that they have not run in vain, nor labored in vain; and it will be their rejoicing in the day of Christ, when their converts will be their crown.1Co 15:1-2 Now I make known unto you brethren, the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye received, wherein also ye stand, by which also ye are saved; I make known, I say, in what words I preached it unto you, if ye hold it fast, except ye believed in vain.
2Ti 1:13-14 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed unto thee kept by the Holy Ghost which dwell in us. Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
Here is our duty: Holding fast the faithful word, as we has been taught, keeping close to the doctrine of Christ, the word of his grace, adhering thereto according to the instructions that was received, holding it fast in own belief and profession, and in teaching others. The word of God, revealed in the scripture, is a true and infallible word; the word of him that is the Amen, the true and faithful witness, and whose Spirit guided the penmen of it. Holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Ministers must Hold Fast, and Hold Forth, the faithful word in their teaching and life. I have kept the faith, was Paul's comfort 2Ti 4:7-8I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to me at that day: and not only to me, but also to all them that have loved his appearing and not shunned to declare the whole counsel of God; there was his faithfulness.
Here is the end of the matter: That we may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort, and to convince the gainsayers, and to persuade and draw others to the true word and faith, and to convince the contrary-minded. How should he do this if he himself were uncertain or unsteady, not holding fast that faithful word and sound doctrine which should be the matter of this teaching, and the means and ground of convincing those that oppose the truth?
We see here summarily the great work of the ministry is to exhort those who are willing to know and do their duty, and to convince those that contradict, both which are to be done by sound doctrine, that is, in a rational instructive way, by scripture-arguments and testimonies, which are the infallible words of truth, what all may and should rest and be satisfied in and determined by" HOLD FAST & HOLD FORTH" this true word of God. AMEN! BE BLESSED.

Updated 01-15-2018 at 09:24 AM by Prophetess Rosie Bryant

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments