View RSS Feed

Prophetess Rosie Bryant

"DON'T LOSE SIGHT OF THE WORD " AMOS 8:11-12

Rate this Entry
The days are going to come, declares the Almighty LORD, when I will send a famine throughout the land. It won't be an ordinary famine or drought. Instead, there will be a famine of hearing the words of the LORD. People will wander from sea to sea and roam from the north to the east, searching for the word of the LORD. But they won't find it. On that day beautiful young women and strong young men will faint because of their thirst.

The word is the beginning of life John 1:1-2 In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was already with God in the beginning. Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. The bible tells us that God created everything by speaking the word.
Isa.55:11 So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. If we look down to this earth, we find God's word there powerful and effectual, and answering all its great intentions, And according to his order the word comes down from heaven, and do whatsoever he commands them upon the face of the world, whether it be for correction, or for his mercy.
It returns not without having accomplished its end, but waters the earth, which he is therefore said to do from his chambers, Psa104:13. And the watering of the earth is in order to its fruitfulness. Thus he makes it to bring forth and bud, for the products of the earth depend upon the dews of heaven; and thus it gives not only bread to the eater, present maintenance to the owner and his family, but seed likewise to the sower, that he may have food for another year.
The husbandman must be a sower as well as an eater, else he will soon see the end of what he has. The efficacy of his word in the kingdom of providence and grace, which is as certain as the former: “So shall my word be, as powerful in the mouth of prophets as it is in the hand of providence; it shall not return unto me void, as unable to effect what it was sent for, or meeting with an insuperable opposition; no, it shall accomplish that which I please” (for it is the declaration of his will, according to the counsel of which he works all things) “and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” This assures us, that the promises of God shall all have their full accomplishment in due time, and not one iota or tittle of them shall fail.
All this is good to the ones who hear, read and believe the word of God to obey and do as he has said in his word.1Co 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, what shall we eat? or, what shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For after all these things do the Gentiles seek: for your heavenly Father know that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
But if you choose to seek after the things of the world and push the word of God aside and go after other gods, just as he gave a warning to Israel that there will one day be a famine for his word and there will be a drought because they will have lost sight of whom the word is. This is why Jesus stress to us take no thought for your life. Life is our greatest concern for this world; All that a man has will he give for his life; yet take no thought about it.
Not about the continuance of it; refer it to God to lengthen or shorten it as he pleases; my time are in thy hand, and they are in a good hands, the comforts of this life; refer it to God to embitter or sweeten it as he pleases. We must not be solicitous, no not about the necessary support of this life, food and raiment; these God has promised, and therefore we may more confidently expect; say not what shall we eat? It is the language of one at a loss, and almost despairing; whereas, though many good people have the prospect of little, yet there are few but have present support.
Many today are more concern about what they have to eat in the way of natural food but forget about that which will last with him until eternity. Job 23:12-14 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desire, even that he doeth.
That God's way was the way he walked “My foot hath held his steps,” that is, “held to them, adhered closely to them; the steps he takes. I have endeavored to conform myself to his example.” Good people are followers of God. Or, “I have accommodated myself to his providence, and endeavored to answer all the intentions of that, to follow Providence step by step.” For “His steps are the steps he has appointed me to take; Psa37:23 said that the steps of a good man are order by the Lord, the way of religion and serious godliness that way I have kept, and have not declined from it, not only not turned back from it by a total apostasy, but not turned aside out of it by any will full transgression.
His holding God's steps, and keeping his way, intimate that the tempter had used all his arts by fraud and force to draw him aside; but, with care and resolution, he had by the grace of God hitherto persevered, and those that will do so must hold and keep, hold with resolution and keep with watchfulness.
I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food; that is, he looked upon it as his necessary food; he could as well have lived without his daily bread as without the word of God. I have laid it up (so the word is), as those that lay up provision for a siege, or as Joseph laid up corn before the famine. Eliphaz had told him to lay up God's words in his heart.
“I do,” and always did, that I might not sin against him, and that, like the good householder, I might bring forth for the good of others.” The word of God is to our souls what our necessary food is to our bodies; it sustains the spiritual life and strengthens us for the actions of life; it is that which we cannot subsist without, and which nothing else can make up the want of: and we ought therefore so to esteem it, to take pains for it, hunger after it, feed upon it with delight, and nourish our souls with it; and this will be our rejoicing in the day of evil, as it was with Jobs For he performed the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him. Psa146:7 Which execute judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD loses the prisoners: The LORD opened the eyes of the blind: the LORD raised them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous: The LORD preserved the strangers; he relieved the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turn upside down.
Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.1 Cor2:9 For eyes have not seen nor ears have heard nor have entered in to the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love him. So “DON’T LOSE SIGHT OF THE WORD” 1Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. And this is his commandment, that we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he has commanded us. AMEN Be Blessed!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments