View RSS Feed

Prophetess Rosie Bryant

" WE HEARD AND BELIEVED HIM"? JOHN 4:41-42 Amplified Bible

Rate this Entry
Many more believed in Him with a deep, abiding trust because of His word .His personal message to them; and they told the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; for now we have heard Him for ourselves and know with confident assurance that this One is truly the Savior of all the world.”

Christ expresses the delight which he himself had in his work. His work was to seek and save that which was lost, to go about doing good. Now with this work we here find him wholly taken up. For He made his work his meat and drink. The work he had to do among the Samaritans, was the prospect he now had of doing good to many, this was meat and drink to him; it was the greatest pleasure and satisfaction imaginable.
Never did a hungry man, or an epicure, expect a plentiful feast with so much desire, as our Lord Jesus expected and improved an opportunity of doing good to a soul. This is the reason why his work was his meat and drink because it was his Father's work, his Father's will: Joh4:34My meat is to do the will of him that sent me. Christ by his gospel and Spirit does more good to the souls of men than his own disciples know of or expect.
This may be said of good Christians too, who live by faith, that they have meat to eat which others know not of, joy with which a stranger does not intermeddle. The salvation of sinners is the will of God, and the instruction of them in order thereunto is his work. 1Ti 2:3-5 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. There is a chosen remnant whose salvation is in a particular manner his will. Christ was sent into the world on this errand, to bring people back to God, to know him and to be happy in him. He made this work his business and delight.
Now when they said to the woman in Joh4:42 Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world. Psa66:16 Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. Those are most likely to do good that can tell what God has done for their souls.
Faith comes to its growth, strength, and maturity, by hearing the testimony of Christ himself; and this goes further, and recommends his doctrine to our acceptance, and obliges us to believe it as undoubtedly certain. Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
It is not hearing the enticing words of man's wisdom, but hearing the word of God, that will befriend faith, and hearing it as the word of God. 1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually work also in you that believe.
Act 11:14-18 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. For as much then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life. Jesus said in Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Did you Really hear Him in what he said if you repent of your sins and come to him you can receive the crown of life. Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endure temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
Jesus said to Thomas in Joh 20:29 because you have seen Me you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed. He said in Joh15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Joh10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Did you hear Him he came to give us life that is fill with blessing from on high. Christ said, I am come among men, that they might have life.
He came to put life into the flock with his word, the church in general, which had seemed rather like a valley full of dry bones than like a pasture covered over with flocks. Christ came to vindicate divine truths, to purify divine ordinances, to redress grievances, and to revive dying zeal, to seek those of his flock that were lost, to bind up that which was broken and will strengthen that which was sick.
I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment, and this to his church is as life from the dead. He came to give life to particular believers. Life is inclusive of all good, and stands in opposition to the death threatened that we might have life, as a criminal has when he is pardoned, as a sick man when he is cured, a dead man when he is raised; that we might be justified, sanctified, and at last glorified.
That they might have it more abundantly, as we read this it is comparative, that they might have a life more abundant than that which was lost and forfeited by sin, more abundant than that which was promised by the law of Moses, length of days in Canaan, more abundant than could have been expected or than we are able to ask or think.
But it may be construed without a note of comparison, that they might have abundance, or might have it abundantly. Christ came to give life and permission something more, something better, life with advantage; that in Christ we might not only live, but live comfortably, live plentifully, live and rejoice. Life in abundance is eternal life, life without death or fear of death, life and much more.
The wealth of the world is the chief of their good; it is because they are hirelings. They undertook the shepherds' office, as a trade to live and grow rich by, not as an opportunity of serving Christ and doing good. It is the love of money, and of their own bellies, that carries them on in it. Not that those are hirelings who, while they serve at the altar, live, and live comfortably, upon the altar.
The laborer is worthy of his meat; and a scandalous maintenance will soon make a scandalous ministry. But those are hirelings that love the wages more than the work, and set their hearts upon that, as the hireling is said to do, Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Jesus is acquainted with all that are now of his flock as the good Shepherd I know my sheep and am known of mine. There is a mutual acquaintance between Christ and true believers; they know one another very well, and knowledge notes affection. Through Jesus Christ our Lord Christ is our spiritual life; there is no living to God but through him.
He is the Mediator; there can be no comfortable receiving from God, nor acceptable regards to God, but in and through Jesus Christ Joh14:6 I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me, no intercourse between sinful souls and a Holy God, but by the mediation of the Lord Jesus in his word.
Through Christ as the author and maintainer of this life; through Christ as the head from whom we receive vital influence; through Christ as the root by which we derive sap and nourishment, so we live. In living to God, Christ is all in all. Now it is for us to yield ourselves to "HEAR AND BELEIVE HIM" AMEN BE BLESSED!

Updated 11-17-2018 at 08:51 AM by Prophetess Rosie Bryant

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments