View RSS Feed

Prophetess Rosie Bryant

God You'er In Control Psa 25:12-25 Niv

Rate this Entry
Who, then, are those who fear the Lord? He will instruct them in the ways they should choose. They will spend their days in prosperity, and their descendants will inherit the land. The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.

Who these promises belong to and who may expect the benefit of them. We are all sinners, and can we hope for any advantage by them? Psa68:19 Blessed be the Lord who daily load us with benefits. The God of our salvation. Psa103 2-4 tells us to Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgive all thy iniquities; who heal all thy diseases; Who redeemed thy life from destruction; who crown thee with loving kindness and tender mercies.
Yes, He will teach sinners, though they be sinners; for Christ came into the world to save sinners, and, in order so that to teach them, and to call sinners to repentance. These promises are sure to those who though they have been sinners, had gone astray, yet now they are keeper of God's word. To such as keep his covenant and his testimonies, such as take his precepts for their rule and his promises for their portion, such as having taken God to be to them a God, who live in them, and, having given up themselves to be him a people, living up to that.
Though, through the infirmity of the flesh, they sometimes break the command, yet by a sincere repentance when at any time they do amiss, and a constant adherence by faith to God as their God, they keep the covenant and do not break that. To such as fear him and again such as stand in awe of his majesty and worship him with reverence, submit to his authority and obey him with cheerfulness, He will and can teach them in the way they should go.
Those who fear the Lord pay attention to his instructions and thus learn the secrets of Gods wisdom Psa111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endures for ever. Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Psa25:4-6 Show me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy loving kindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
Yes he is in control means he has the power to direct or regulate what he desired for us to learn: we need to ask him to “Teach us, not with fine words or fine gifts, but thy ways, thy paths, thy truth, the ways in which I should walk towards those around me each day which are all mercy and truth according to the word in and the ways in which thou wouldst have me to walk towards thee.” Mic6:8 He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Those are best taught who understand their duty, and know the good things they should do, Ecc2:3 I sought in mine heart to give myself unto wine, yet acquainting mine heart with wisdom; and to lay hold on folly, till I might see what was that good for the sons of men, which they should do under the heaven all the days of their life. God's paths and his truth are the same; divine laws are all founded upon divine truths.
The way of God's precepts is the way of truth, Christ is both the way and the truth, and therefore we must learn the way of Christ. Joh14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. He speaks of himself as the way, to those who not know the way? I am the way, and I only, for no man comes to the Father but by me these are great things Christ here said of himself, showing us who he is.
Christ is the way, the highway spoken of, Isa35:8And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein. Christ was his own way, for by his own blood he entered into the holy place, and he is our way, for we enter by him. By his doctrine and example he teaches us our duty, by his merit and intercession he procures our happiness, and so he is the way.
In him God and man meet, and are brought together. We could not get to the tree of life in the way of innocence; but Christ is another way to it. By Christ, as the way an intercourse is settled and kept up between heaven and earth; the angels of God ascend and descend; our prayers go to God, and his blessings come to us by him; this is the way that leads to rest, the good old way.
The disciples followed him, and Christ tells them that they followed the road, and, while they continued following him, they would never be out of their way. He is the truth as truth is opposed to figure and shadow. Christ is the substance of all the Old Testament types, which are therefore said to be figures of the true, Christ is the true manna, the true tabernacle, as truth is opposed to falsehood and error; the doctrine of Christ is true doctrine.
When we enquire for truth, we need learn no more than the truth as it is in Jesus. As truth is opposed to false and deceit; he is true to all that trust in him, as true as truth itself, 2Co1:20-22 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
Now he which stabilize you in Christ, and hath anointed you, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts. Rom 6:11 He is the life; for we are alive unto God only in and through Jesus Christ. Christ formed in us is that to our souls which our souls are to our bodies. God is true, and the Son of God, Jesus Christ, is true. The true God, and eternal life. Jesus Christ, whom the apostle preached, is not just yea and nay, but in him is nothing but infallible truth.
And the promises of God in Christ are not yea and nay, but yea and amen. There is an inviolable constancy and unquestionable sincerity and certainty in all the parts of the gospel of Christ. Christ is the resurrection and the life Joh11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. If in the promises that the ministers of the gospel make as common men, and about their own affairs, they see cause sometimes to vary from them, yet the promises of the gospel covenant, which they preach, stand firm and inviolable.
Bad men are false; good men are fickle; but God is true, neither fickle nor false. The apostle, having mentioned the stability of the divine promises, makes a digression to illustrate this great and sweet truth, that all the promises of God are yea and amen. For they are the promises of the God of truth of him that cannot lie, whose truth as well as mercy endure for ever. They are made in Christ Jesus the Amen, the true and faithful witness; he hath purchased and ratified the covenant of promises, and is the surety of the covenant.
They are confirmed by the Holy Spirit, He does establish Christians in the faith of the gospel; he has anointed them with his sanctifying grace, which is compared to oil; by the Holy Ghost he has sealed them, for their security and confirmation; and he is given as an earnest in their hearts, an earnest secures the promise, and is part of the payment of their salvation by Jesus Christ. 1Pe 1:3 -4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fade not away, reserved in heaven for you, 1Pe 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. "GOD YOU"RE IN CONTROL" AMEN BE BLESSED!

Updated 02-18-2019 at 08:36 AM by Prophetess Rosie Bryant

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments