View RSS Feed

Prophetess Rosie Bryant

"THE NEED TO KNOW HIM " EPH.1:18-20 NIV

Rate this Entry
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms.

David tells us in Psa 94:9-11 He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see? He that chastisen the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teach man knowledge, shall not he know? The LORD know the thoughts of man, that they are vanity. This knowledge comes first with understanding this is why Paul says he prays that the eyes of their understanding may be enlightened, those who have their eyes opened, and have some understanding in the things of God, have need to be more and more enlightened, and to have their knowledge more clear, and distinct, and experimental.
Christians should not think it enough to have warm affections, but they should labor to have clear understandings; of the things that they should be more ambitious to being knowing Christians. We also should be more like Paul and desire to know about Christ as he said in Phil 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death.
Faith is called knowledge Isa53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Knowing him here is believing in him: it is an experimental knowledge of the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, or feeling the transforming efficacy and virtue of them.
The apostle was as ambitious of being sanctified as he was of being justified. He was as desirous to know the power of Christ's death and resurrection killing sin in him, and raising him up to newness of life, as he was to receive the benefit of Christ's death and resurrection in his justification, we to should have that same desire to want to know more about what price that Christ paid for our redemption on that day 2000 years ago, that we might be conformable unto him, and this also is meant of our sanctification.
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption. We are then made conformable to his death when we die to sin, as Christ died for sin, when we are crucified with Christ, the flesh and affections of it mortified, and the world is crucified to us, and we to the world, by virtue of the cross of Christ.
This is our conformity to his death. Truly "We Need To Know Him" 2Ti 1:9-10 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.
2Ti 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.Rom 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
When you know that you know who it is that cause this to happen for you and your life is better because of it you can announce to the world I know who's I am and who I am now. Rom 10:10-13 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture said, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
We know that Jesus came into the world to save us and redeemed us back to the father, because God loved us and he cares for his people, 1Co15:3 tells us that Christ died for our sins, he was put into the grave and on the third day he rose again with all power over heaven and earth so that we could live again 2Co 5:17-19 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation and now we know the love the not only God has for us but that of his son Jesus also.Eph 4:20-21 But ye have not so learned Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: in order to know him you first have to learn about him.
As God is willing to be reconciled to us, we ought to be reconciled to God. And it is the great end and design of the gospel, that word of reconciliation, to prevail upon sinners to lay aside their enmity against God and act in Christ's stead, doing the very thing he did when he was upon this earth, and what he wills to be done now that he is in heaven. 1Jn 4:10-17 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwell in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwell in him, and he in God.
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwell in love dwell in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. Paul said in the text that you may know yes because as he is so are we in this world, love hath conformed us to him; as he was the great lover of God and man, he has taught us in our measure to be so too, and he will not deny his own image.
Love teaches us to conform in sufferings too; we suffer for him and with him, and therefore cannot but hope and trust that we shall also be glorified together with him so it prevents or removes the uncomfortable result and fruit of servile fear. There must be a day of universal judgment and happy we be who shall have holy boldness before the Judge on that day, who shall be able to lift up their heads, and to look him in the face, as knowing he is their friend and advocate!
Happy are we who have holy boldness and assurance in the prospect of that day, who look and wait for it, and for the Judge's appearance! So do, and so may do, the lovers of God. Our love to God assures us of God's love to us, and consequently of the friendship of the Son of God; the more we love our friend, especially when we are sure that he knows it, the more we can trust his love.
As God is good and loving, and faithful to his promise, so we can easily be persuaded of his love, and the happy fruits of his love, when we can say, Thou that know all things know that we love thee. And hope make not ashamed; our hope, conceived by the consideration of God's love, will not disappoint us, because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost that is given to us and thereupon we have confidence towards him and peace and joy in him.
He will give the crown of righteousness to all that love his appearing. And we have this boldness towards Christ because of our conformity to him: Because as he is so are we in this world, that's why "WE NEED TO KNOW HIM" AMEN BE BLESSED!

Updated 04-06-2019 at 10:02 AM by Prophetess Rosie Bryant

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments