View RSS Feed

Prophetess Rosie Bryant

"COME LET'S EAT" John 21:12-13 (GNT)

Rate this Entry
Jesus said to them, “Come and eat.” None of the disciples dared ask him, “Who are you?” because they knew it was the Lord. So Jesus went over, took the bread, and gave it to them; he did the same with the fish.

We notice here how Christ was entertaining with his disciples; he treated them as friends; he did not say, Come, and wait, Come, and attend me, but Come, and dine; not, Go dine by yourselves, as servants are appointed to do, but Come, and dine with me. This kind invitation may be alluded to, to illustrate, the call Christ gives his disciples into communion with him. All things are now ready; Come, and dine. Christ is a feast; come, dine upon him; his flesh is meat indeed, his blood drink indeed. Christ is a friend; you are welcome, Joh6:53-56 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eat my flesh, and drink my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eat my flesh, and drink my blood, dwell in me, and I in him.
The call he will give into the fruition of him in glory hereafter: Come, ye blessed of my Father; come, and sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob. Christ has wherewithal to dine all his friends and followers; there is room and provision enough for us all. "COME LETS EAT" Luk14:12-15 Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou make a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbors lest they also bid thee again and a recompense be made thee.
But when thou make a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: And thou shall be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shall be recompensed at the resurrection of the just. And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God. He takes this occasion to reprove the master of the feast for inviting so many rich people, who had wherewithal to dine very well at home, when he should rather have invited the poor, or, which was all one, have sent portions to them for whom nothing was prepared, and who could not afford themselves a good meal's meat. Neh 8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
The Lord is here teaching us how the using of what we have in works of charity is better, and will turn to a better account, when using it in works of generosity. Pro 25:21-22 If thy enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: For thou shall heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.
Ecc2:24-25 There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labor. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God. For who can eat, or who else can hasten hereunto, more than I? Mat6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Mat 6:31-32 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knows that ye have need of all these things.
Isa55:1-2 Ho, every one that thirst come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labor for that which satisfied not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Psa22:26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever. Rom 14:6 He that regard the day, regard it unto the Lord; and he that regard not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eat, eat to the Lord, for he give God thanks; and he that eat not, to the Lord he eat not, and give not God thanks.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Christ is graciously pleased by his word and Spirit to come to the door of the heart of sinners; he draws near to them in a way of mercy and grace, ready to make them a kind visit. When he finds this door shut against him; the heart of man is by nature shut up against Christ by ignorance, unbelief, sinful prejudices. When he finds the heart shut, he does not immediately withdraw, but he waits to be gracious.
Luke 14:16-24Jesus said to him, There was once a man who was giving a great feast to which he invited many people. When it was time for the feast, he sent his servant to tell his guests, Come, everything is ready! But they all began, one after another, to make excuses. The first one told the servant, ‘I have bought a field and must go and look at it; please accept my apologies. Another one said, ‘I have bought five pairs of oxen and am on my way to try them out; please accept my apologies. Another one said, I have just gotten married, and for that reason I cannot come. The servant went back and told all this to his master. The master was furious and said to his servant, Hurry out to the streets and alleys of the town, and bring back the poor, the crippled, the blind, and the lame.
Soon the servant said, ‘Your order has been carried out, sir, but there is room for more. So the master said to the servant, Go out to the country roads and lanes and make people come in, so that my house will be full. I tell you all that none of those who were invited will taste my dinner!
There is in Christ the grace of the gospel which will be food and a feast for the soul of man to know its own capacities, and for the soul of a sinner that he knows its own necessities and miseries. It is called a supper, because in those countries supper time was the chief feasting time, when the business of the day was over. Joh6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. Joh6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
The manifestation of gospel grace to the world was the evening of the world's day; and the fruition of the fullness of that grace in heaven is reserved for the evening of our day. The invitation is given, He bade many, Christ invited the whole nation and people to partake of the benefits of his gospel. There is provision enough for as many as will come; it was prophesied of as a feast for all people, in Isa25:6. Christ is the gospel, and he keeps a good house, so he keeps an open house for the door is always open.
A particular memorandum is given, when the supper time was at hand; the servant was sent out to go around to put them in mind of it: Come, for all things are now ready. When the Spirit was poured out, and the gospel church was planted, those who before were invited were more closely pressed to came in willingly. Now all things are ready, the full discovery of the gospel mystery is now made, and all the ordinances of the gospel are now instituted, the society of Christians is now incorporated, and, with that crowns all, the Holy Ghost is now given.
This is the call that now is given to us: “All things are now ready, now is the accepted time; it is now, and has not been long; it is now, and will not be long; it is a season of grace that will be soon over, and therefore come now; do not delay; accept the invitation; believe yourselves welcome to eat, O friends; drink, yea drink abundantly, O my beloved "COME LET'S EAT" AMEN BE BLESSED!

:
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments