View RSS Feed

Prophetess Rosie Bryant

"IT'S THE LIFE GIVER" PSA119:49-50

Rate this Entry
Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope.This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life.

We find David here asking God to remember him during his time of trouble that he had brought upon himself when he sinned. Two things David pleads for with God in prayer, that mercy and grace which he hoped for, according to the word, by which his requests were guided and that God would keep the promise on which he hoped: “Lord, I desire no more than that thou wouldst remember thy word unto thy servant, and do as thou hast said;” 1Ch 17:23 Therefore now, LORD, let the thing that thou hast spoken concerning thy servant and concerning his house be established for ever, and do as thou hast said.Thou art faithful, and therefore wilt perform what thou hast promised, and not break thy word.
That God, who had given him the promise in the word, had by his grace wrought in him a hope in that promise and enabled him to depend upon it, and had raised his expectations of great things from it. Has God kindled in us desires towards spiritual blessings more than towards any temporal good things, and will he not be so kind as to satisfy those desires? Has he filled us with hopes of those blessings, and will he not be so just as to accomplish these hopes? He that did by his Spirit work faith in us will, according to our faith, work for us, and will not disappoint us. His word is a Life Giver to those who accept it and obey it.
Like David it will make you alive when you are dead in sin and trespasses, it has many a time made one alive who was dead in duty; it has quickened to that which is good when they was backward and averse to it, and it has quickened those in that which is good when they was cold and indifferent. Therefore it is a means consolation when you are in affliction and needs something to give you support . The word of God has much in it that speaks comfort in affliction; It's a Life Giver. Joh1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
Here is the word conceived, that is thought, which is the first and only immediate product and conception of the soul all the operations of which are performed by thought, and it is one with the soul. And thus the second person in the Trinity is fitly called the Word; for he is the first-begotten of the Father, that eternal essential wisdom which the Lord possessed, as the soul does its though, in the beginning of his way. There is nothing we are more sure of than that we think, yet nothing we are more in the dark about than how we think; who can declare the generation of thought in the soul? Surely then the generations and births of the eternal mind may well be allowed to be great mysteries of godliness, the bottom of which we cannot fathom, while yet we adore the depth. Jesus told us in Joh14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life: He is the life; for we are alive unto God only in and through Jesus Christ, Rom 6:11-12 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Christ formed in us is that to our souls which our souls are to our bodies. Christ is the resurrection and the life. Through His death and resurrection, Jesus is the only way back to the Father. He is the revelation of God. As life He is the communication of God to us. Jesus told Martha in John 11:25I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. He is the word that is the life giver today to us.2Co 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
The promises of God are strong inducements to sanctification, in both the branches thereof. The dying unto sin, or mortifying our lusts and corruptions: we must cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of flesh and spirit. Sin is filthiness, and there are defilements of body and mind. There are sins of the flesh, that are committed with the body, and sins of the spirit, spiritual wickedness and we must cleanse ourselves from the filthiness of both, for God is to be glorified both with body and soul. The living unto righteousness and holiness must be our desire if we hope God to be our Father, we must endeavor to be partakers of his holiness, to be holy as he is holy, and perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect.
We must be still perfecting holiness, and not be contented with sincerity which is our gospel perfection, without aiming at sinless perfection, though we shall always come short of it while we are in this world; and this we must do in the fear of God, which is the root and principle of all religion, and there is no holiness without it. Faith and hope in the promises of God must not destroy our fear of God, who take pleasure in those that fear him and hope in his mercy. Joh5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that hear my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Joh10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.Joh 3:34-36 For he whom God hath sent speak the words of God: for God give not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father love the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abide on him. He is Lord of all as the Father, as an evidence of his love for him, God hath given all things into his hand. Love is generous the Father took such a complacency and had such a confidence in him that he constituted him the greats in trust for mankind.
Having given him the Spirit without measure, he gave him all things; for he was hereby qualified to be master and manager of all the works of creation being put under his feet, all the affairs of redemption are put into his hand; he is Lord of all. All grace is given into his hand as the channel of conveyance; all things, all those good things which God intended to give to the children of men; eternal life, and all its preliminaries. We are unworthy that the Father should give those things into our hands, for we have made ourselves the children of his wrath; he hath therefore appointed the Son of his love to be trustee for us, and the things he intended for us he gives into his hands, who is worthy, and has merited both honors for himself and favors for us.
He is the object of that faith which is made the great condition of eternal happiness, and herein he has the pre-eminence above all others. He that believeth on the Son, hath life, we have here the application of what he had said concerning Christ and his doctrine; and it is the conclusion of the whole matter. If God has put this honor upon the Son, we must by faith give honor to him. The blessed state of all true Christians is he that believes on the Son hath everlasting life. It is the character of every true Christian that he believes on the Son of God; not only believes him, that what he said is true, but believes on him, consents to him, and confides in him. The benefit of true Christianity is no less than everlasting life; this is what Christ came to purchase for us and confer upon us; it can be no less than the happiness of an immortal soul in an immortal God. True believers, even now, have everlasting life; not only they shall have it hereafter, but they have it now because His word "IT'S THE LIFE GIVER" AMEN BE BLESSED!

Updated 05-15-2019 at 03:36 PM by Prophetess Rosie Bryant

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments