View RSS Feed

Prophetess Rosie Bryant

"IT'S WISE TO SEEK HIM NOW" ISA 55:6 AMP

Rate this Entry
Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him [for salvation] while He is near.

We have here a further account of a covenant of grace which is made with us in Jesus Christ, both what is required and what is promised in the covenant, and of those considerations that are sufficient abundantly to confirm our believing compliance with and reliance on that covenant. We are to seek the Lord for the deliverance of things in our lives to become a Christian and a true Saint in the kingdom of God, and also what ever we have in need of to maintain this way that has been set for us to live by.
Luk12:22-23 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Luk12:31-32 But rather seek ye first the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom for an inordinate anxious pursuit of the things of this world.
These necessary things, will be very ill to you to become a disciples of Christ, whatever others do seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; do not you afflict yourselves with perplexing cares, nor weary yourselves with constant toils; do not hurry hither and thither with enquiries what you shall eat or drink, let not the disciples of Christ thus seek their food, but ask it of God day by day; let them not be of doubtful mind; Let not the children of God make themselves uneasy; for this is to make themselves like the children of this world.
Luk12:30 All these things do the nations of the world seek after, they that take care for the body only, and not for the soul, but for this world only, and not for the other, looking no further than what they shall eat and drink; and, having no all-sufficient God to seek to and confide in, they burden themselves with anxious cares about those things. But it will becomes ill for you to do so. You, who are called out of the world,you ought not to be thus conformed to the world, and not to walk in the way of this people.
For the LORD spoke thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, when inordinate cares prevail over us.Eph 5:15-17 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.David said in Psa63:1O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirst for thee, my flesh long for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is.
He resolves to seek God, and his favor and grace: he tells him that thou art my God, and therefore I will seek thee; what a blessing to know and have a God that we can seek when we need help, for should not a people seek unto their God? We must seek him; we must covet his favor as our chief good and consult his glory as our highest end; we must seek acquaintance with him by his word and seek mercy from him by our prayer. We must seek him, early with the utmost care, as those that are afraid of missing him; we must begin our days with him, begin every day with him.
As David said early will I seek thee. Earnestly “My soul thirst for thee and my flesh long for thee here in a dry and thirsty land.” This land is dry today with sin and we need the living water to saturated us and clean us with his word Eph 5:26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word. His complaint in the want of God's favorable presence is he was in a dry and thirsty land; so he reckoned it not so much because it was a wilderness as because it was at a distance from the ark, from the word and sacraments.
This world is a weary land, so the word is to the worldly that have their portion in it will yield them no true satisfaction; it is so to the godly that have their passage through it, it is a valley of Baca; they can promise themselves little from it. His importunity for the presence of God will say: My soul thirst, and long for thee. His wants will quickened his desires, which were very intense; he thirsted as the hunted hart for the water-brooks; he would take up with nothing short of it. His desires were almost impatient; he longed, he languished, till he should be restored to the liberty of God's ordinances.
Gracious souls look down upon the world with a holy disdain and look up to God with a holy desire. IT IS WISE TO SEEK HIM NOW, we don't know when Jesus will return back to carry us home, salvation is near Rom 13:11-12 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.What we must put off; put off our night-clothes, which it is a shame to appear abroad in.
Cast off the works of darkness sinful works are works of darkness; they come from the darkness of ignorance and mistake, they covet the darkness of privacy and concealment, and they end in the darkness of hell and destruction. Let us therefore, who are of the day, cast them off; not only cease from the practice of them, but detest and abhor them, and have no more to do with them. Because eternity is just at the door, let us take heed lest we be found doing that which will then make against us.
2Pe 3:14-15 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;2Pe 3:8-11 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness
Luk 19:9-10 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, for so much as he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Jesus was talking to Zacchaeus he had a great curiosity to see Jesus, what kind of a man he was, having heard great talk of him. It is natural to us to come in sight of him also if we can, of those whose fame has filled our ears, as being apt to imagine there is something extraordinary in their countenances; at least, we shall be able to say hereafter that we have seen such and such great men.
But the eye is not satisfied with seeing. We should now seek to see Jesus with an eye of faith, to see who he is; we should address ourselves in holy ordinances with this in our eye we would see Jesus. He could not get his curiosity gratified in this matter because he was little, and the crowd was great. Christ did not study to show himself as one was not carried on men's shoulders so that all men might see him; neither he nor his kingdom came with observation.
He did not ride in an open chariot, as princes do but, as one of us, he was lost in a crowd; for that was the day of his humiliation. Those that sincerely desire a sight of Christ will use the proper means for gaining a sight of him, and will break through a deal of difficulty and opposition, and be willing to take pains to see him. Those of us who find our selves little must take all the advantages that we can get to raise ourselves to be able to see Christ, and not be ashamed to own that we need him, and all who are little enough, let's not dwarfs despair us but with good help by aiming highly and reach to seek him. "IT IS WISE TO SEEK HIM NOW" AMEN BE BLESSED!

Updated 01-10-2020 at 11:09 AM by Prophetess Rosie Bryant

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments