View RSS Feed

Prophetess Rosie Bryant

"THE FOUNTAIN OF LIFE" PSA 36:8-10

Rate this Entry
They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shall make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. O continue thy loving kindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness (salvation)to the upright in heart.

As David meditated upon the grace of God he saw the world in it's polluted stated and himself endangered, and God was dishonored by the transgressions of the wicked; but as a sudden turn with his eyes, his heart, and speech to God however it be yet thou art still good. He here acknowledges how bad so ever the world is yet let us never think the worse of God nor of his government; but from the abundance of wickedness that is among men, let us take occasion instead of reflecting upon God's purity as if he countenanced sin to admire his patience, that he bears so much with those that so impudently provoke him and causes his sun to shine and his rain to fall upon them.
If God's mercy were not in the heavens that is infinitely above the mercies of any creature he would long ere this have drowned the world again, but it known that in Gen 9:11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth for God is going to bless his people with The Fountain Of Life. This fountain is like a form of Living Water in a Christian life that symbolize associated with baptism.
This symbol in early days is usually shown as a fountain enclosed in a rounded dome and supported by eight columns by which one is baptized. In this fountain is living waters to become reborn with Christ. It's represent which was graphically associated with the fountain of the water of life in Rev 21:6-7 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that over cometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
In the foreground offering the means of grace is the Fountain of Living Waters emanating from the Lamb of God in which the open fountain is set into the outer wall of Heaven, that the water is not merely the purify water of baptism but is shown by the innumerable wafers that float upon its surface and the two sacraments are represented as one. Pro.14:27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to turn one away from the snares of death. The fear of God provides both protection and a fountain of life in the word.
Pro:10:11 The mouth of the righteous is a well of life, but violence covers the mouth of the wicked. How industrious a good man is, by communicating his goodness, to do good with it his mouth, the outlet of his mind, is a well of life it is a constant spring, whence issues good discourse for the edification of others, like streams that water the ground and make it fruitful, and for their consolation, like streams that quench the thirst of the weary traveler. It is like a well of life, that is pure and clean, not only not poisoned, but not muddled, with any corrupt communication.
The fountain of life can become like a law of the wise and a source of life Pro 13:14 The law of the wise is a fountain of life to turn one away from the snares of death. It will be constant springs of comfort and satisfaction as a fountain of life, sending forth streams of living water; the closer we keep to these rules the more effectually we secure our own peace. We will be constant preservatives from the temptations of Satan. Those that follow the dictates of this law will keep at a distance from the snares of sin, and so escape the snares of death like those who run into that snare and forsake the law of the wise.
The Lord said in Jer 2:13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. Jer17:13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, and all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from you shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters. He speaks it to God, as subscribing both to the certainty and to the equity of it: O Lord! the hope of those in Israel that adhere to thee, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed.
They must of necessity be so, for they forsake thee for lying vanities, which will deceive them and make them ashamed. They will be ashamed, for they shame themselves. They will justly be put to shame, for they have forsaken him who alone can keep them in countenance when troubles come. Let them be ashamed so some read it and so it is a pious imprecation of the wrath of God upon them, or a petition for his grace, to make them penitently ashamed.
Those that depart from me, from the word of God which I have preached, do in effect depart from God, as those that return to God are said to return to the prophet. Jer 15:19 Therefore thus said the LORD, If thou return, then will I bring thee again, and thou shall stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shall be as my mouth let them return unto thee; but return not thou unto them. Those that depart from thee so some read it shall be written in the earth They shall soon be blotted out, as that is which is written in the dust. They shall be trampled upon and exposed to contempt. They belong to the earth, and shall be numbered among earthly people, who lay up their treasure on earth and whose names are not written in heaven.
And they deserve to be thus written with the fools as in Israel, that their holly may be made manifest unto all, because they have forsaken the Lord, the fountain of living waters that is spring waters, and that for broken cisterns. God is to all that are his a fountain of living waters. There is a fullness of comfort in him, an over-flowing ever-flowing fullness, like that of a fountain; it is always fresh, and clear, and clean, like spring water, while the pleasures of sin are puddle-waters. They are free to it; it is not a fountain sealed.
Jesus said in Joh 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water the invitation itself is very general.
If any man thirst, whoever he be, he is invited to Christ he may be he high or low, rich or poor, young or old, bond or free, Jew or Gentile. It is also very gracious; If any man thirst, let him come to me and drink. If any man desires to be truly and eternally happy let him apply himself to me, and be ruled by me and I will undertake to make him so.
The satisfaction promised; Let him come and drink he shall have what he comes for and abundantly more, shall have that which will not only refresh but replenish a soul that desires to be happy. See how thirsty souls that come to Christ shall be made to drink. Those that believed Moses drank of the rock that followed them, but believers drink of a rock in them who is Christ in them he is a well of living water, Joh 4:14 But whosoever drink of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. Provision is made not only for their present satisfaction, but for their continual perpetual comfort.
Here is Living water, running water, which the Hebrew language calls living, because still in motion. The graces and comforts of the Spirit are compared to living meaning running water, because they are the active quickening principles of spiritual life, and the earnests and beginnings of eternal life. Rivers of living water denoting both plenty and constancy the comfort flows in both plentifully and constantly as a river; strong as a stream to bear down the oppositions of doubts and fears. There is a fullness in Christ of grace for grace and these flow out of his belly, that is, out of his heart or soul, which is the subject of the Spirit's working and the seat of his government. There gracious principles are planted in and out of the heart, in which the Spirit dwells, flow the issues of life that becomes "THE FOUNTAIN OF LIFE" AMEN BE BLESSED!

Updated 11-14-2020 at 04:42 PM by Prophetess Rosie Bryant

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments