Thread: Studying abroad

Post Thanks / Like

Studying abroad

There are many benefits to studying in another country. The first is language which is why many foreigners like to study in America because they can perfect their English language skills. As China is an emerging country many English speakers are going there to study Mandarin and learn more about the culture.

Have you considered studying abroad?

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was a student this option was not very common so I never considered it, but I think it would have been a great experience. If I was a student today I would surely enroll myself in those Erasmus programs that allow us to spend an year or a semester in a foreign university, it would be a priceless trip, I think we should take the opportunities when they present to us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes i'm studying abroad. I'm at home right now but I study in the States with a double major in Philosophy and Psychology.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would highly recommend studying abroad, but only in a country you are passionate about. You don't want the stress of culture shock, home sickness, maybe actual sickness due to weather and food adjustment, only if you really want to be there. I would also make sure you're getting the credits from your school or university that you deserve for your work there. Make sure you keep your grades up because often grad schools will ask for these transcripts. And take lots of pictures because often this is once in a lifetime, even if you don't realize it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always wanted to study abroad, but I don't have the money or experience. I've always wanted to go to New Zealand, South America and Europe. They seem like fun places to study abroad.