Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you like or hate being single?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you like or hate being single?

Do you like or hate being single? I've never really had a boyfriend, and I feel like I don't really have an opinion on it. But some people will absolutely LOVE or HATE being single. Are you one of those people? And which side are you on right now?

Post Thanks / Like
    I surmise I am on the side that hates being single. I was in a serious relationship six years ago and I have yet to commence a new relationship. Most of the men that approach me wants nothing more than a sexual relationship and that is why I am single today. I can't find a real man that wouldn't mind having a long term relationship, get married, and have children. I feel as though I hate to be single because it is very lonely. At night, I don't have anyone to lay with and cuddle and discuss how my or his day went. I can't go out on dates or have a family. There is nothing fun about single, at least in my opinion--I can't wait to be a mom and a wife.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am only 20 years old and being single at this age isn't really bothering me. I feel like my time will come when it's right so for now I am just enjoying college and spending time with my friends. I feel like a person needs to be comfortable in their own skin and with themselves in order to create an atmosphere in which they are happy. I feel if that person can't be happy on their own then they will always either depend on a woman or a man to be in their loves to give them that happiness. Therefore I am content with being single because having the right person step into your life is something that takes patience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Though I'm already taken, I can mention a lot of things that are advantageous in being single.

First off, nobody would ever care of you fool around with other individuals. You could flirt with the person next to you without worrying about anybody else.

Second, you would be spending a lot less because you won't be going on a lot of dates. You won't be mandated to watch a movie at the theater or eat out.

Third, you won't get hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicaNicole View Post
    I surmise I am on the side that hates being single. I was in a serious relationship six years ago and I have yet to commence a new relationship. Most of the men that approach me wants nothing more than a sexual relationship and that is why I am single today. I can't find a real man that wouldn't mind having a long term relationship, get married, and have children. I feel as though I hate to be single because it is very lonely. At night, I don't have anyone to lay with and cuddle and discuss how my or his day went. I can't go out on dates or have a family. There is nothing fun about single, at least in my opinion--I can't wait to be a mom and a wife.
    Yeah it really does seem like most men just want sex. Most are pigs unfortunately lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lindbergh View Post
    Though I'm already taken, I can mention a lot of things that are advantageous in being single.

First off, nobody would ever care of you fool around with other individuals. You could flirt with the person next to you without worrying about anybody else.

Second, you would be spending a lot less because you won't be going on a lot of dates. You won't be mandated to watch a movie at the theater or eat out.

Third, you won't get hurt.
    I like the won't get hurt part. There are enough people out there hurting us, and that would just be another one to deal with lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate being single mostly because the loneliness and not having anyone to talk to. I like having a constant companion that understands me and wants to be with me. Yes, I see the benefits of being single, but in the end, I like having someone to come home to! It's extremely nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Though being single comes with its merits, like nobody telling what you ought to do, freedom of going out anytime and much more, there comes a time when you feel you to raise a family and definitely no family is complete without a husband, if you are blessed with kids at least they will have someone to call dad.
    There is nothing comforting like having a loving family and knowing that you got somebody to spend your life with.
    A spouse gives you what a mother, father or siblings and can't give with the comfort of knowing you belong to that particular person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Part of me enjoys being single with the benefits of having the freedom to do the things you want to do, when you want to do them. But we live in a "couple's" society where every major function you go like a wedding or new year's eve you're made to feel like there is something wrong with you if you don't have a date. That can be frustrating lol...

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you actually. I try to look at the positives to being single but from time to time it does get a bit lonely and trying to find the right one can be a daunting task! There are many people who will be with someone just to not be alone but I would rather be a bit lonely for a while than to be stuck with someone who's making me miserable lol.