Thread: Are you someone who needs a big ceremony?

Post Thanks / Like

Are you someone who needs a big ceremony?

Would you say that you are someone who craves one of those big weddings?

I am personally someone who just needs my loved ones and my family and his family to be in the ceremony and that to me would be enough.

However, I have met many girls who want a huge chocolate fountain and a wedding in an exotic location and this and that, that I somehow feel they value the whole attention aspect and all the materialistic things more.
    Last edited by AnnaU93; 07-18-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fret about women who put a lot into a wedding because most may not be marrying for the right reasons. Spending the rest of your life with your future husband/wife and how your are going to keep the relationship healthy is what someone's main concern should be. Personally, I am not one of those individuals that need to have an extravagant wedding. Just as you stated, having my loved ones around will suffice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Talking The Marriage is more Important then The Wedding

Great Topic! I am one who believes that too many people (usually women) give me thought and preparation to the wedding rather then the marriage. I sometimes work as a Wedding/Event Planner. I have helped to plan one such wedding that cost so much that I had to blink at the prices of each item. That marriage, I remember only lasted 6 months after paying what I considered to be the bank for the wedding.
    When my husband and I were talking about getting married I told him that since we both had marriages that had failed, I wanted to just get married by a Minister/Pastor and then later have a big dinner party with our families and friends. what I really want is a lasting marriage!! I personally feel that more money if we need to spend it, needs to go on maybe classes which teaches us how to have better marital relationships .

With that being said No I did not want and neither did I have a big wedding but I hope and pray for a big lasting marriage!! Now that to me is where it is at, As for pictures, now a days one could go to any modern studio of today and dress in wedding gear and take pictures!! The pictures are only a good memory if the marriage lasts. Give me anniversary pictures with both of us still in love,happy and still smiling!

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that getting married is a special day but personally I think women put too much time and effort into the wedding day in comparison to the time and effort that could be put into staying married! I am the type of person to have a smaller less fussy wedding with a few good friends and family.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't need a big ceremony to tie the knot, I really don't want a flashy wedding. I've told my boyfriend I'd actually like to spend as little money as possible on the wedding, so we can use that cash to buy things for our house instead. I'm a very practical person, I don't see why many people spends loads of cash on a wedding just to impress others.

My sister did that, by the way. She had a huge wedding, she just wanted to impress everyone (ordered her dress from a bride's shop in france!). Yup, she did that even MUCH more!

Post Thanks / Like
    No, not at all!

In fact, I got engaged about a week and a half ago - and we are getting married this Sunday! All that matters to us is that we are together, so we are having our friends, and available family, and doing a paper signing in a beautiful spot. Then, we will all go for brunch.

I've never understood why people can be inclined to spend so much money on one day! It's the love that matters, not the dress!

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I don't mind about the ceremony. As long as I'm marrying to woman I love, the ceremony doesn't seem like a priority to me. I know it's about the memories and creating an ever lasting experience but to me a wedding is the starting point to a life time of memories together, and the 20,000 I'd need to spend on a HUGE reception seems like a waste compared to a deposit on a house together for example.

Post Thanks / Like
    We eloped, in New York City. We booked a photographer for a 4-hour slot and hired an officiant to marry us in front of the Guggenheim museum. We have the most awesome photos of the two of all dressed up in that Central Park area. And we spent more of our money on nice rings that will actually be on our fingers forever. (If you'd like, I can post our photographer's blog post)

On many of those shows, it looks like wedding planning brings out the worst in people. Honestly, I'm so glad my very first day of marriage did not start with having to worry about whether my bridesmaids were going to get in a fight or if the food tastes ok. We just didn't feel like we needed to prove that we loved each other through a giant event. Besides, so many people have those vow renewal ceremonies now. If I decide later that I want some extravagant ordeal, there's plenty of time to plan for that in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of women dream about the big wedding with the dress and bridesmaids so when that dream comes true it is like a fairytale for them and l know people will save for years as well as taking loans just to pay off this big wedding. There is a saying "you only get married once" so why not go for it and if l ever get married l want a nice sized wedding.