Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any body try online dating?

Post Thanks / Like

Any body try online dating?

I have posted profiles on a few sites but wasn't very active with them because I just wasn't getting the greatest vibe from some of the responses. I was getting the feeling that some of these people were just scammers. Plus after watching the MTV show "catfish," where you see that so many people lie and big lies too, that I just decided to steer clear from online dating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not all are bad....I know there are a few bad apples that try to spoil the rest, but you meet the same people all the time in person. I had a bad experience, but its not the dating site. It is the character issues of that particular person who manipulates. We just have to make better decisions who we allow in our lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have I met my current boyfriend thanks to a dating web site and couldn't be happier, but I don't want to talk too soon :P

I think online dating is not for everyone, because the internet makes it easy for almost everyone to create an online profile in a dating web site. Before I met my actual boyfriend I came acoss many weird men, also some players, liars and fakes. It takes some common sense and experience to tell each one of those apart. I'd recommend everyone to be very wary with the people you meet online.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like online dating is of course not for everyone. For example I know many people who met their husband and boyfriend through the online world but it was all by accident and not through a particular website.
    When it comes to dating websites I feel like there is a up good handful that go on to pretty much troll and just scam people and probably worse(since there are so many tragic stores connected to online dating).
    If you truly have the guts and if you are cautious then I feel there is a good chance to meet someone but I would rather prefer speaking to someone face to face.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Anna... actually dating online can be so hard. Me and my boyfriend are so happy we found each other, because we know how hard it is to find good people online, people who actually want a meaningful relationship and are not after your money or trying to make a fool of yourself. Now when I think about it, when I signed up in that web site... I must have been so brave! I got a lot responses, but it's so hard to tell who is legit and who isn't.

I really hope I end up getting married to this guy, because I don't have the energy to keep looking anymore and I've been hurted plenty of times already (facing disappointment is hard!). Plus I'm dealing with a really tough disease right now... I need the love and support.

Post Thanks / Like
    While I love the internet for doing other many stuff dating online is not one of the things I would ever want to do. Though I have two of my friends who met online and they are still on the move I always doubt any love gained through the use of partial communication where you didn’t meet anywhere no emotional or physical closessness only the concept of believing you know each other. I would love it to face someone eye by eye and converse with them perfectly. This way am sure of who am talking with and how they are and what they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had tried it a few years back for only a brief amount of time though. There's something about it that just didn't feel natural to me. Like some of the other posters have stated, with the show Catfish, it makes you even more wary to post personal info online and expose yourself to frauds. I do believe that there are some good sites out there, but maybe it's just not for me. Good luck to any who may try it though
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    -Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't tried online dating yet, and I probably won't, because I don't really look for love, I let love look for me. I noticed that it really comes in the most unexpected times and places, so I'll just sit and wait for the right one in person, not in the online world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Online dating is difficult, but it's manageable if you use it as a tool to meet people, and not a tool to find Mr./Mrs. Perfect. You have to keep in mind that everyone is exaggerating a little bit on these sites, and you won't really know a person till you meet them. That said, it's a great way to meet a lot of people you may not have otherwise had the chance to meet. And you'll never find a partner if you never meet anyone, right?

Senior Member min.sol.armstrong's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhowareyou View Post
    Online dating is difficult, but it's manageable if you use it as a tool to meet people, and not a tool to find Mr./Mrs. Perfect. You have to keep in mind that everyone is exaggerating a little bit on these sites, and you won't really know a person till you meet them. That said, it's a great way to meet a lot of people you may not have otherwise had the chance to meet. And you'll never find a partner if you never meet anyone, right?
    There is an exception to the rule!! Yes there are scammers with fake pictures and fake profiles and fake this and fake that so be careful and fully investigate. There are a plethora of tools available to check for scammers, and even that is not foolproof!

But everyone is not a fake! If you are on a dating site, and you are not a fake, then chances are that there are others out there too. You just have to keep searching and maybe soon before you get too exhausted, your paths will cross.

Statistics indicate that 1 in 5 strong relationships are started on line . . .

*TKM*