Thread: Favorite dating site?

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite dating site?

Hey all! Itís no longer a secret to everyone who knows me that I met my current boyfriend thanks to a dating web site.

I got the best results using the paid web sites, I got answers from a lot guys who seemed to be really serious and eager to find love online and make it happen. I also tried some free ones, but I didnít like the kind of men those web sites attracted.

Have you tried online dating? If so, do you have a favorite dating web site? Have you met someone thanks to that site?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! I never tried online dating, but I'm really interested in trying. I'm really shy in person around guys, and have a hard time "flirting", so I never show interest!
    I think dating online would be a good idea for me... I'm looking forward to hear from others from this forum about their favorite sites so I can pick one to try! I have heard before that paid is the way to go with these websites, so as I don't intent to pay for a bunch of them, I would like to choose one that I think works best for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    The only dating site I've tried that has been moderately successful for me is OKCupid. I've never tried any pay sites. I've met several people on OKCupid, nothing permanent, but I did get to hang out with some cool people. Another one that I've made some connections with is the Tinder app for iPhone and Android. It's really simple and to the point; I quite like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome, I have never tried those two, but it seemd OKCupid is quite popular among US members. I used POF but the whole experience was horrible, I guess that was mostly because just about everyone could just sign up and create a profile. I even saw a guy I know who is married looking for date there; pretty discouraging!

Because when you use a free web site that's the risk you are taking. That's why I prefer paid dating web sites! At least the guys there pay to be there and contact you, so that shows at least a bit seriousness. There still is a lot risk involved tho. I was reading the vast majority of the guys who use dating web sites are married Very discouraging, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isabbbela View Post
    Hey! I never tried online dating, but I'm really interested in trying. I'm really shy in person around guys, and have a hard time "flirting", so I never show interest!
    I think dating online would be a good idea for me... I'm looking forward to hear from others from this forum about their favorite sites so I can pick one to try! I have heard before that paid is the way to go with these websites, so as I don't intent to pay for a bunch of them, I would like to choose one that I think works best for me!
    Hey Isabella! I'm also a shy girl who has a hard time flirting, I just feel that's not the kind of person I am. I mean... I don't feel like the type of girl who can flirt easily, I'm too shy when it comes to sending clear signals to the opposite sex, lol. At least in person... for the first time! I just can't! I guess a part of me is worried they might not like me back. That's why I believe online dating has worked so well for me

By the way, you have heard right! Paid web sites are the way to go. I met my current boyfriend that way. He was a paid member who contacted me, I wrote him a message to let him know I was interested and I'd like to get his Skype id. He replied, we added each other... the rest is just history!

So as you can see is possible to meet someone on a paid web site, even if you don't pay anything I think this is really good for us shy girls, because that way the paid members are the ones to contact us, and we don't have to risk anything by contacting others. Plus is nice guys pursue us.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not tried dating sites very much, however I have tried both Badoo.com and Plenty Of Fish. Badoo.com was actually fairly dissapointing, you had to pay to read messages regardless of how many you had been sent and by whom. I think this is really unfair and the site overall was not good. I believe this site is no longer active however. Plenty Of Fish seems a lot better, this is quite a popular dating site too and so I think chances of meeting someone on there are greater. I have only briefly used this site, but it seems there is no cost in messaging another user.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trellum View Post
    Hey Isabella! I'm also a shy girl who has a hard time flirting, I just feel that's not the kind of person I am. I mean... I don't feel like the type of girl who can flirt easily, I'm too shy when it comes to sending clear signals to the opposite sex, lol. At least in person... for the first time! I just can't! I guess a part of me is worried they might not like me back. That's why I believe online dating has worked so well for me

By the way, you have heard right! Paid web sites are the way to go. I met my current boyfriend that way. He was a paid member who contacted me, I wrote him a message to let him know I was interested and I'd like to get his Skype id. He replied, we added each other... the rest is just history!

So as you can see is possible to meet someone on a paid web site, even if you don't pay anything I think this is really good for us shy girls, because that way the paid members are the ones to contact us, and we don't have to risk anything by contacting others. Plus is nice guys pursue us.
    Yes, exactly - I'm also scared they might not like me back! I guess that comes with some bullying and guy problems that makes us girls fairly insecure.
    But I did not know you can sign for paid websites without paying! Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into some of those!!