Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was the reason you divorced?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshucula View Post
    For me Trellium,My Husband could not keep His pants zipped up! When it came to other women He would magically "forget' he was married. I forgave again and again until I was told by my "doctor" that I was playing with fire. Too many STD's out there and my life was worth more then my "non married" Husband
    Wow! So sorry to hear you had such an awful experience with your husband! My mom had the exact same issue with her first husband, and that's why she decided to leave him. She was 25 years old back then, he gave him a STD and that's when she called it quits. Plus the guy was a super irresponsible dad who wouldn't care about my half sister or my mom! He didn't help to pay the bills either. I have no idea how my mom could stay with him for so long!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oznola View Post
    Well I didn't have much of a marriage. It or whatever the heck called it was abusive from the beginning. I could not see myself living in misery for all of my human life. I am happy that it did not last long ( not even a year). I regret even getting into something like that in the first place because I ignored warning signs or red flags going into the pseudo marriage. Life is too chart to allow someone to constantly abuse and manipulate you, so I made the best decision to get out while I still have my life and youth. Thank Yahweh!
    I was in a similar situation when I was 18 years old, and believe it or not I let it go on for nearly 5 years. How I regret it everytime I think about it. At least you didn't let that abuse take place for as long as I did.

Back then I was so young and naive, I actually thought that guy was good for me, but it was his manipulation and his constant attempts to break my spirit and destroy my self-esteem that made me see the world that way back then. Yes, he made me think he was the best of the best for me and I was soooooooo lucky for having him in my life. But truth is he was an abuser who was starting to physically abuse me as well! The relationship ended just in time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brutal37138 View Post
    I was married for 3 years when I signed my divorce papers. I had married an alcoholic. I knew he was an alcoholic going in, but had no idea how bad it was. Over the three years I learned a lot and he also quit for about 6 months. When he decided he wanted to go back to the bottle, he turned against me because I was no longer willing to put up with it and his life was in danger because of his habit. He nearly had me arrested during a domestic dispute and I never really spoke to him after that. Six months after the divorce was final, I attended his funeral. Half of the people there did not know that we had divorced.
    Woah...! So sorry to heard about your bad experience. Being married to a man with alcohol issues isn't easy at all, and can even be dangerous for the partner married to said person. You are so lucky nothing wrong happened to you! An angry and drunk person can be pretty dangerous, because when people are drunk you can't really reason with them - heck is really hard to reason with most people even when they are sober, let alone when drunk!

You are so lucky you were unharmed, best of luck with every decision you make in the future

Post Thanks / Like
    I was divorced because I was too young to understand what commitment and a relationship are. I have remarried for almost 10 years now, I've learned my lesson.