Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walking

Post Thanks / Like

Walking

I love walking! Some years ago I was really overweight, I was so overweight I couldn't workout! The only option I had was walking, so I did. I started walking twice a week for 30 minutes, then 3 times a week, then 4 and so on. I didn't really notice it, but my endurance had improved and one day I started to walk 5 days a week for a full hour!

I lost a lot weight doing this, and is thanks to walking that I can now workout I workout at home, I have a lot videos I use for that purpose and I love it! It was thanks to walking that I'm where I am right now. If it wasn't for walking maybe I'd still be obese.

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends whom I do the walking with. I do walk a lot if I take the bus to somewhere because that's one way to get the exercise I need. I also do walking with my wife, which both of us will get the exercise going and also good for health. I don't mind walking by myself, but only if I go shopping by taking the bus or simply by walking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Walking is great as it can be done at a leisurely pace taking you from A to B, or at a fast pace to burn some calories. I walk all the time to the local supermarket and burn extra calories by carrying all that shopping home. If i'm feeling really active i will bring a rucksack and do some big shopping and carry huge loads for some serious calorie burning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, walking is a great joy, a great time to spend in privacy, with no music around and no body around you to disturb, it can be a great tool to review some of the worst problem that you cannot solved sitting in home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Walking is regarded as one of the most beneficial exercises. It is scientifically proven that if you take a walk for at least 10 minutes on a daily basis, it keeps your body fit and healthy. It is particularly essential for people of old age as it helps them fight against a number of diseases and keeps them active. Walking on a regular basis helps old people in fighting off life-threatening diseases like stroke, cardiac arrest, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow congratulations I've been trying to lose 4 pounds too. It's been really hard, not the walking or running bit but actually getting up and starting to do it. I need a lot of motivation and right now, sadly I have none. But I won't give up. Thanks for your story.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome! I'm so glad my story inpired you, at least a little. If I could do it, then you can do it as well. Plu 4 pounds is nothing! You just need to start slowly, just like I did. I started eating less, then I started to switch to healthier foods. After I lost enough weight that's when I started working out.

To be honest all is in what you eat, if you are young and have a normal metabolism, then you can surely lose weight without exercising! Just eating right

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pahagwl View Post
    Walking is regarded as one of the most beneficial exercises. It is scientifically proven that if you take a walk for at least 10 minutes on a daily basis, it keeps your body fit and healthy. It is particularly essential for people of old age as it helps them fight against a number of diseases and keeps them active. Walking on a regular basis helps old people in fighting off life-threatening diseases like stroke, cardiac arrest, etc.
    Yeah, walking is a great exercise that can be done by almost everyone. My mother is old, but she still goes for a daily 30 minutes long walk every morning. She looks younger than her actual age and her cholesterol levels are lower than ever, her sugar is in a normal range as well. So I believe walking can help people improve their health, and isn't only useful to lose weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't really feel balanced if I don't go walking twice a day. Usually early in the morning and then just before sunset. Even if I am on my legs all day long, I still need to go out there and smell the flowers, absorb the sky, and what ever else is going on in my neighbourhood. It's even better if you have a friend joining you. Not to mention your dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes the most simple things are the best and IMO walking is one of them. By walking we keep our body activated and we might even lose weight doing it, it's a really good exercise if we have the time to do it.